The All India Medical Entrance exams 2016 are conducted for providing the admissions in the undergraduate Medical and the Dental Courses across the nation. ALL India Medical Entrance exams are conducted to provide the admissions to the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of surgery and Bachelor of Dental Surgery courses.
The Entrance exam is scheduled for the entire year of 2016 and the dates are mentioned below
1. AIPMT-Central Board of Secondary Education is conducted on May 4th.
2. AIIMS-All India Institute of Medical Science will be conducted on June 1st.
3. Pre Medical Test -Banaras Hindu university but here the dates are announced yet.
4. Medical Entrance exam is conducted by the CMC College, Vellore Ludhiana and the dates for these are not announced yet.
5. MBBS Entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and research, Pondicheery but the dates are not announced yet.
6. Karnataka CET-Karnataka Examinations authority the exams will be conducted on May 1st, May 2nd and May 3rd.
7. COMEDk UGET-Comedk i.e the Entrance exam is conducted on May 11th.
8. EAMCET-APSCHE AndhraPradesh the Entrance exam will be conducted on May 17th.
9. KEAM-Commissioner of Entrance exams the exams will be conducted on May 23rd and 24th.
10. KLEU AIET conducted by KLE University on May 10th
11. BLDEU UGET -BLDEU UGET Entrance exam is conducted by BLDE University on May 25th.
12. NU UGET-NU UGET Entrance exam is conducted by NITTE University on May 12th.
13. BCECE-BCECE Entrance exam is conducted by BCECE Board on May 18th.
14. TBJEE-TBJEE stands for Tripura Board of Joint Entrance exam on April 23rd and 24th.
15. Entrance test by Manipal University will be conducted in May.
16. Entrance test by Yenepoya University will be conducted on May 18th.
Initially MBBS Course in India was five and a half years and now it has extended to six and a half year long course in which it includes one year rural posting .The students of the various colleges did a strike outside the Nirman Bhawan against the proposal.
When the students tried to enter the Nirman Bhawan to meet the health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad the police lathicharged them and even doused them with water cannons to disperse the protesting the students.