Laboratory is a place where chemicals and substances are prepared, tested and implemented. The place where experiments are carried out with respect to the field of medical science is called as Medical laboratory. In relation to this medical laboratory a certificate program called as Medical Laboratory Certification Program is conducted which comprises pathological, hematological, immunological, microbiological, biological, cytological or other types of testing related to constituents collected from the body of man so that the disease can easily be predicted, avoided and cured.
Admission Details for Medical Laboratory Certification Program
The person who wants to take admission in the Medical Laboratory Certification Program should have bachelor degree in Cell Biology, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or any other subject related to it and it is also necessary to complete suitable prerequisite courses. This certification program is run by Board of Certification (BOC) of the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP). This program comprises that type of laboratories which consist of basic equipment like Microscope and carried out the following routine test:
• Strip test for urine that is meant for checking the level of protein and sugar.
• Microscopic test
• Blood smear for checking out differential leucocytes count (DC), total leucocytes count (TC) and Malaria parasite (MP).
For being the student of Medical Laboratory Certification Program the person should have some sorts of requirements which are as follows:
• He must be able to make observation of laboratory demonstrations which comprises the testing of biological like: tissue sections, cellular specimens, culture materials and body fluids and that is for histochemical, microbiological, and immunological and biochemical.
• He should move around the laboratory in a safe manner.
• He should know how to instruct patient before specimen collection.
• He should communicate with patient in an effective, sensitive and confidential manner.
• He should have communication with fellow students, faculty members, staff and other members related to profession.
• He should know the technique of time utilization.
• He should know how to do multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
• He should be able to cop up with technical and professional change.
• He should be comfortable to work with unpleasant substance like blood, urine etc.
• He should how to work with team • He should know to accept his error and mistake.
• He should know how to do evaluation of performance of faculty, fellow students, program and clinical instructors. • He should know the use of electronic keyboard.
• He should know how to use laboratory equipments in the safe manner.
• He should know how to take judgement independently and also know the application of health care settings, classroom and laboratory
• He should be able to provide technical and professional service in uneven environment.
• He should be able to predict material and equipment which can proves to be hazardous
• He should be able to face criticism and also should know to evaluate his performance along with the adoption of improvements.
• Problem-solving and cognitive skills should be independently possessed and demonstrated by him.
Thus if the students have desired skills and fulfills the complete eligibility conditions then Medical Laboratory Certification Program is a good option.