Like Engineering, MBA and other courses most of the students today want to pursue medicine course i.e. graduate or post graduate degree in USA or other countries below mentioned are the steps which you need to follow before applying for the medical courses.
1. First step: For studying Medical in abroad Dedication is the basic step for becoming a good doctor. Getting good marks on the paper is just not enough. Approach and determination is very important in order to be a successful doctor. Basic requirement for doctorate is college education.
For medical courses from abroad i.e. doctorate your GPA score should be 3.5/4.0.Grade Point Average is calculated in order to check the student's ability. Getting admissions in top doctorate colleges or medical schools is not so easy in USA. For this having a good GPA Score always plays an important role.
|Would you like to know more about Medical Entrance Exams, Read the below:|
|Read the important Details about Medical Entrance Exams|
|How to do NEET Preparation in Last 2 Months|
|Find here the Complete Information of AIIMS MBBS Exam|
2. Second step: The second step here is that the candidates have to give Medical College Admission Test(MACAT) for seeking admissions in Medical colleges and also should get recommendation letter from school or college for selecting the good college.
As there is a lot of tough competition nowadays allocation of seats are not possible. Here both MCAT Scores and GPA Scores are considered. Few medical colleges also conduct interviews for selections so it is not easy for selection into medical colleges.
3. Third Step: Once your requested is accepted from medical colleges then choosing the courses is the third step. The duration of full medical courses is 4 yrs. After first year of study you need to give USMLE step 1 i.e. UNITED STATE MEDICAL LICENSING EXAMINATION. If you live in UK take UK Clinical Aptitude test.
|Do you want to know more about Medical Courses, click on the link given below:|
|Read the significant information about Medical courses|
This exam is conducted for testing the subjects like anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology and physiology. In the fourth year one has to give USMLE Step 2 exam for getting License from medical council.
4. Fourth Step: Fourth step is specialization in doctorate. For specializations you need to choose you have to choose your subject of interest out of subjects like anesthesiology, gynecology, psychiatry, allergy etc. In order to give Expert Examination in the specializations you opt for you also have to give Unites State Medical Licensing examinations.
5. Fifth Step: In the fifth step you have to give an ABMS entrance exam i.e. American Board of Medical Specialists to get board certification in your chosen medical specialty. There are various medical colleges in other countries and USA that will provide medical courses.
But before joining the medical courses in USA or other countries medical schools do require that you take certain pre-medical classes as an undergraduate.
"Pre-med" classes like
Organic chemistry along with laboratory courses.
Biology along with laboratory courses.
Physics along with laboratory courses.
Calculus including advanced math classes and statistics.
Residency training takes place in a hospital in which you earn a salary while you are trained. It begins in the first week of July after you graduate from the school. You are responsible for patients and are supervised by senior residents. Resident training can vary anywhere from 3 yrs to 7 yrs.
Keep following points before applying
You have to gain significant experience before applying to the medical schools or the medical colleges.
You have to plan to take the loan and plan in such a way to repay the education loan taken.
You have to be prepared to work for long and irregular hours in your career.
You have to be prepared for competition between the students.
Try your level best so that you don’t miss the admission deadlines. Deadlines vary from school to school and college to college but most of the deadlines fall from October through December.
|You must also read:|
|Popular Destinations To Study For Medical Students|
|General Nursing And Midwifery Course In India - Some Details To Know|