Every year millions of NRIs try to get an admission into one of the top medical colleges in India. This happens in addition to the local candidates trying with the same intention. However, only a few of them get selected top-rated institutes.
Are you an Indian staying outside India? If so, you should be aware of the guidelines of the Medical Council of India for admission of students to the medical colleges under NRI quota. Many private and even government colleges in India offer medical seats to NRIs. It is true that a few seats are available as compared to the seat availability for local candidates. However, you need not have to lose hope. You should be aware of certain things about NRI Medical Admission in India that are given below:
What is the eligibility requirement you should meet?
Here are the eligibility requirements you will have to meet to apply for the NRI Quota MBBS seats:
- You should have completed 21 years of age. This requirement should be met by you on the 1st of July on the academic year in which you apply.
- You should take up the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Also, you should secure more than the qualifying marks.
- You should have a blood relative staying abroad
Once you apply for NEET and get through it, you should have the following documents:
- Nativity certificate of the person, who is going to provide you with financial support.
- Passport of the financial supporter
- NRI bank account passbook of your financial supporter
- NRI Status Certificate of the financial supporter from the appropriate country with seal
- The person, who will be supporting you financially, should have a blood relationship with you. The person can be your father, mother, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, maternal or paternal cousin.
Students applying for NRI quota seats will be eligible for admission. But, this will happen based on the rules framed by the appropriate state governments, the institution and the Government of India. Not just Indian nationals, NRIs are also eligible to apply to 15% all India quota seats for MBBS admissions in India.
Additional documents required for NRI Quota seats:
In addition to the documents mentioned above, you will have to submit the following as well:
- A proof being sponsor NRI in the form of a certificate issued by the Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs/Indian Embassy for this purpose. You should submit this certificate along with the certificate in the prescribed proforma on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.50 by Guardian/Mother or father.
- In the non-availability of the certificate mentioned above, you should submit a properly authenticated undertaking implemented by the notarized and sponsor by the Notary Public of Foreign Country, where the sponsor resides being submitted by the sponsor should be treated sufficiently as the fact of the residence of the sponsor.
The NRI Undertaking must have been issued on or after the date of the result of NEET UG.