Suitable candidates can apply now for the PGDM programme online through the website of IILM Institute of Business & Management. Here are some details about the course and admission procedure:
Aim of the programme:
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management shortly called as PGDM at IILM aims at providing skill and knowledge set needed to become efficient managers of the global economy. On successful completion of the course, students will be aware of how to create opportunities in the constantly changing environment? Here are the objectives of the programme:
- To impart niche knowledge in functional and fundamental areas of management
- To improve various management skills by providing experience to the students for the usage of different techniques and tools meant for management.
- To stimulate an understanding about the real business world by paying attention to case studies and role plays by simulating real-life situations
This is a full-time management programme with the course duration of two years with affiliation from AICTE.
Number of students to be admitted for 2016-17 batch:
IILM Institute of Business & Management has announced that there are 120 seats for the course and classes will be held at IILM at Gurgaon.
- Students must be degree holders in any stream with at least 50% of marks and those appearing in the final year from universities and institutions recognized by AIU/UGC/AICTE are eligible to apply.
- CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT and GMAT scores are considered for admission.
Scholarships at IILM:
Different scholarships are offered by IILM under the following categories:
- Merit cum means scholarship: For this scholarship, the Scholarship Award Committee of the institute will select candidates based on pre-defined criteria of educational excellence and their financial means. Students will have to submit their proof of financial means in the form of Income Tax Returns to qualify for this scholarship. The scholarship will be continued to the next year only on the basis of the performance of students, which will be decided after a review meeting with the scholarship award committee. Students with the following marks are eligible for this scholarship:
- Those who have scored 75% and above in Class XII
- Those who have scored 65% and above in graduation
- Those with 700 and above at MAT
- 75% and above at CAT/XAT
- Means cum outstanding achievement scholarship: This scholarship is for encouraging students with outstanding records in sports and extracurricular activities. The students who have earned recognition at national/international level by a third party for those achievements will get the scholarships. These students will become eligible for this scholarship on the basis of their income. If they do not meet the income criteria, they will be eligible for up to 25% scholarship. All students, who become eligible for this scholarship, should qualify for the same only after an interview with the scholarship panel.
- Scholarship for girls: All girls joining IILM through proper admission procedure will be eligible for 10% scholarship.
- Special scholarship: To encourage students from states like Nagaland, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam will get 25% scholarship, if they meet the eligibility requirements and girls from these states will get this scholarship in addition to the 10% scholarship for girls.