Applications are being invited by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur for admission to seventy eight Institute and Visvesvarya Fellowships. Applications are being invited by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur for admission to seventy eight Institute and Visvesvarya Fellowships. Interested candidates who are eligible for the course can apply through the mentioned format before the last date.
Details of the Course
Institute Fellowship: Sixty full time vacancies
Visevesvarya Fellowship: three part time vacancies along with fifteen full time vacancies.
• M. Tech./ M.E./ M. Arch/ M. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in the M.E./ M. Tech. level from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university.
• B. Tech/ B.E./ MCA/ B. Arch/ B. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.0 CGPA or 65 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university.
• M. Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ PGDBM/ PGDM/ MA/ MBBS/ BDS in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university/ government open university.
ICWAI/ CA with a graduation degree in any discipline
The minimum CCGPA or the marks obtained will be relaxed by 0.5 in the case of CGPA and 5 percent in case of marks for candidates belonging to SC or ST categories.
For candidates who don’t have degrees like M.Tech or M.E degree are required to present valid qualification in any of these exams/tests conducted by the Government of India agencies as per the norms of MHRD for students who are seeking admission in PhD courses.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are eligible for the mentioned course can apply by sending their respective application forms filled with relevant personal and professional information. These application forms are to be send to the Dean (Research and Consultancy) PG and Research Cell, Academic Section National Institute of Technology Durgapur 713, West Bengal India before the last date.
- Last date of the of the application form available on the official website is 29th May, 2015
- Last date for the receipt of the completed application form is 10th July, 2015
- The list of candidates who will be called for admission test and viva in the institute will be published on the official website on 20th July, 2015.
- The date for the scheduled written test, screening and viva voice in the respective department is 27th 28th and 29th July, 2015.
- The list of shortlisted candidates and the respective waiting list will be published on the official website on 15th August, 2015.