Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, also known as IISERs are some of the most prominent institutes for science, education and research. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research are placed in five different parts of India, which are- Mohali, Kolkata, Bhopal, Pune and Thiruvananthpuram. Act of Parliament has declared the respective institutions of national importance and they are expected to match the standard of IITs of basic sciences. According to the budget of 2015, two new IISERs will be established in Odisha and Nagaland.
Applications are being invited for admissions to Post-Bachelor Integrated PhD (IPhD) program for the year 2105 by Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata.
- Interested candidates should have cleared BE, B.Sc, B.Tech, M.B.B.S or any other similar degree from a recognized Institute or College.
- The candidate who is eligible according to the above mentioned criteria can apply for the Post Bachelor Integrated Ph.D. program in Chemical, Biological, Mathematical, Physical and Earth Sciences.
- A minimum of 60% marks is compulsory for the candidates qualifying in Honors or Major (if relevant) or a minimum of 60% is compulsory as an aggregate (if Honors or Major is not relevant).
- Candidates who wish to apply before the final examinations can also do so. The qualifying marks for these respective students are 60% based on the undergraduate home examinations held till date.
- As per the norms by the Indian Government, qualifying marks for SC or ST are 50%.
- Candidates who wish to apply and have appeared for national aptitude tests like JEST or JAM (physical sciences), JGEEBILS (biological sciences) or JAM (Chemical Sciences, Statistics and Mathematics, Earth Sciences) will be invited directly for personal interviews based on their performance in these respective examinations.
- Students who do not meet the criteria of the cut-off for the above mentioned examinations can still appear for the IISER admission test (in accordance with the criteria of eligibility for the test).
- It is necessary for students to apply through the online official website for any of the two mentioned tests- Personal Interview or Written Test.
- Committees from the Institution will shortlist candidates based on their application forms.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an Interview or a written test.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for final admissions will be displayed on the official website of IISER.
- Provisional admissions for the students who have not received their grades till the time of interview or written test.
- Respective candidates are expected to bring their final mark sheet in the Academic Cell to verify that they have successfully scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (if Honors or major is not relevant) or a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grades in Honors or Major (if relevant). Students are expected to complete the mentioned process within 60 days of their admission.
How to apply:
- Candidates are expected to keep a hard copy of the application after applying online through the official website.
- The list of Candidates shortlisted for the written test will be displayed on the official website.
- Deadline for application: 4th May, 2015.
- List of shortlisted candidates for the written test will be announced on 8th May, 2015.
- Interviews and written test for the shortlisted candidates will be held from 2nd June, 2015 to 9th June, 2015.
- List of shortlisted candidates for the final admissions will be announced on the official website on 12th June, 2015.
Phone: +91 33 2587 3017
Fax: +91 33 25873028
Address: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur -741 246, West Bengal, India