AIIMS DM, M.Ch., MHA, Ph.D, MD, MDS Admissions 2012
D.M Programmes in following specialties
M.Ch. Programmes in following specialties
I) Educational qualification
A Candidate must possess a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline as mentioned hereunder :-
• For D.M. in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, Medical Oncology and Clinical Heamatology a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
• For DM in Gastraenteroloy, a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
• For D.M. in Hematopathology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Pathology of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
• For D.M. in Neuro-Radiology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Radiodiagnosis of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
• For D.M. in Neuro-Anaesthesiology, a candidate must prossess M.D. in Anaesthesiology of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
• For D.M. in Neonatology and Paediatric Neurology, a candidates must possess M.D. in Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
• For DM in Clinical Pharmacology, a candidate must possess M.D. in Medicine/Pharmacology/ Pediatrics of this Institute or any other University recognized by the MCI.
A candidate must possess M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University recognised by the MCI.
Note: The candidate who are likely to complete 3 years requisite tenure and degree by 30th July, 2016 may also apply. However, the candidates who complete their 3 years requisite tenure after 30th July, 2016 are not eligible to take up this examination.
II) Age limit :
• 35 years as on 1st July 2016 relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years and for OBC Candidates 3 years. The upper age limit is not applicable to sponsored candidates. Note : A candidate is allowed to submit application for one speciality/subject only.
METHOD OF SELECTION
Selections for D.M./M.Ch courses are made through a 2-stage performance evaluation :
Stage I: Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for. The question paper will consist of 50 Theory based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based Short Answer Questions (SAQs)/MCQs. Each correct (MCQ) answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong (MCQ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark. More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
Stage II: Out of the candidates who secured 50% marks or above in the written test (Stage-I), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment (carrying 20 marks) on the fourth day
M.H .A. (Master in Hospital Administration Programme
For medical graduates :
(1) The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application.
(2) The candidate should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations.
For non-medical graduates: (1) Non-medical graduate will only be considered for Sponsored seats. (2) A candidates must possess Bachlor's Degree of a recognised University in Arts or Science or Nursing or Business Administration or Commerce or Engineering or any technical subject with at least 60% marks. (3) A minimum experience of having held a responsible administrative position for a period of not less than seven years is essential.
Ph.D Prgroamme in the following departments :
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Gastroenterology & HNU
Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics
Lab. Medicine (Microbiology)
Lab. Medicine (General)
Medical Oncology (IRCH)
Medical Physics (IRCH)
Neuropsycology (N.S. Centre)
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Obst. & Gynecology
Psychiatry (Clinical Psychology)
Psychiatry (Addiction Psychiatry)
Community Ophthalmology(Dr. R.P.C)
Opthalmology (Dr. R.P. Centre)
Occular Pharmacology (Dr. R.P. Centre)
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications of a recognized University/Institutes:
(1) A degree of Master of Sciences or Master's degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or Master's Degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree or Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations.
(2) MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations
METHOD OF SELECTION
Selection for Ph.D. registration will be made through 2-stage performance evaluation as under:
Stage I : Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for. The question paper will consist of 50 Theory based Multiple Choice Questions
(MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based Short Answer Questions (SAQs)/MCQs. Each correct (MCQ) answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong (MCQ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark. More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
Stage II : Out of the candidates who secured 50% marks or above in the written test (Stage-I), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment (carrying 20 marks) on the fourth day.
MD/ MS and MDS Programmes
A. CLINICAL SCIENCES
Dermatology & Venereology
Obst. & Gynaecology
Phy. Med. & Rehabilitation
B. BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
a) A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognised by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of Indian and must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th July, 2016. The candidate who complete their internship after 30th July, 2016 are not eligible to take up this examination.
b) The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations for other category including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs/STs.
CENTRES FOR COMPETITIVE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The Examination will be conducted at four metropolitan cities Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai
Candidate should indicate his/her choice of centre in the application form. The centre of Examination once alloted will not be changed and any request for such a change will not be entertained. The candidate should indicate his/her choice of centre with utmost care. In case of any discrepancy in the exercise of choice of centre or non availability of centre in the city opted as 1st choice in Col. 5 of application, the centre allotted by AIIMS (i.e. Delhi) will be considered as final.
M.Ch. (6 years course)
The candidate must possess MBBS degree and have completed the required period of one year compulsory Internship. He/She must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. The eligibility criteria are same as specified for MD/MS (3 years) courses.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF FOREIGN NATIONALS
a) Foreign nationals are required to fill in the prescribed online application form indicating the choice of
subject (only one subject) for admission to Postgraduate courses leading to award of
b) The foreign nationals are required to send their Registration Slip of on line applications through Diplomatic Channel. They are also required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates. However, an 'Advance Copy' to be submitted at AIIMS before 10.04.2010.
c) The foreign nationals will be considered against the seats advertised under the "Sponsored" category for MD/MS/DM/M.Ch. degree.
d) Seats are not reserved in any discipline for foreign nationals (except the bilateral agreement between the Government of India and any other nation).
e) Nominations/No objection for the candidate should reach the Examination Section before the date of issue of the Admit Card as specified under "AT A GLANCE" In case of non-receipt of the nominations/clearance/no objection from the concerned Ministry by due date, their candidature will not be considered.
f ) No emoluments will be paid by AIIMS to the Foreign National candidates.
How to Apply?
: Acandidate can submit application On-Line through Internet. Visit www.aiimsexams.org Read the prospectus and other details carefully and follow the instructions given therein. The candidate can pay the application fee through a credit card/debit card or through challan of State Bank of India or through Demand Draft of any bank (Transaction Processing Fee Applicable)
STATUS OF APPLICATION FORM RECEIVED
Registration numbers of all the Registration Slips received will be available on AIIMS web site www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu as well as www.aiimsexams.org after 25.04.2010. Candidates are advised to check position regarding receipt of their Registration Slip on the web site. If a candidate's Registration number is not available on the web site, he/she should immediately write to the Asstt. Controller of Examinations, A.I.I.M.S., New Delhi-110608 along with full particulars and proof of delivery of the Registration Slip in AIIMS.
1. Applying Online Application on www.aiimsexams.org - 12.03.2010 to 05.04.2010
2. Last Date for applying On-line Application 05.04.2010
3. Registration slip, complete in all respects, must reach AIIMS, New Delhi latest by 5.00 P.M. on 10th April, 2016.
4. DATE FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS :
(i) MD/MS/M.Ch. (6 years)/MDS - 9th May, 2016 in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai;
(ii) DM/M.Ch./MHA- 16th May, 2016 in Delhi only;
(iii) Ph.D. -4th July, 2016 in Delhi only
For enquiries relating to Entrance Examination please contact :
Assistant Controller (Exams) Examination Section All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 1100 608
Tel : 26589900, 26588500, 26588700 Extn. 4499, 6421, 6422, 4971
Fax : 011 2658 8789