The Veterinary Council of India invites applications for The All India Pre -Veterinary Test (AIPVT) - For Admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. Course.
All India Pre-Veterinary Test-2016 shall be held on Saturday, the 08th May, 2016 (2.00 to 5.00 P.M.).
An applicant is eligible for admission to the All India Pre Veterinary Test if the following criteria are met with :-
He/She is an Indian national. Since the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 have not been extended to the State of Jammu & Kashmir, candidates from that State shall not be eligible to appear in the said examination unless they submit an Affidavit in enclosed Proforma on Nonjudicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 10/- duly attested by Metropolitan Magistrate/First Class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that:-
They are not eligible to compete for B.V.Sc. & A.H. seats in the State of Jammu & Kashmir and hence, not eligible to seek admission in Veterinary Colleges of Jammu & Kashmir and they are not domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
Note: Applications not accompanied with the required Affidavit shall be rejected without any further reference in this matter. Such Affidavits submitted by the candidates shall be verified and if found to be false, the admission of all such candidates shall be cancelled and legal proceedings initiated against them.
He/She has attained or will attain the age of Seventeen (17) years as on 31st December,
2016. Candidates attaining seventeen Years on 1stof January, 2016 or later will not be eligible to appear at the Entrance examination.
Essential Qualification :
He/She has passed:-
(i) The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study the last two years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Education Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 (years) educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
(ii) The Intermediate Science examination in science from a recognized University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English.
To be eligible for entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above. Further, he/she should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at 10+2 /Intermediate Science Examination. Provided also that to be eligible for entrance examination the candidate must have passed the aforesaid subjects individually. For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/the Scheduled Tribes or other special category(Other Backward Classes) of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for General Category.
How to Apply?
The Information Bulletin containing the Application Form can be obtained between 4th
January to 15th February, 2016, by hand from the counter of the office of the Veterinary Council of India, 'A' Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi- 66 on payment of Rs. 800/- in case of General /OBC Category and Rs. 400/- in case of Scheduled Cast/Scheduled Tribes category through Demand Draft only. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of "Veterinary Council of India-Examination Fund, New Delhi" Payable at New Delhi.
(ii) The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained between 4th January to 15th February, 2016, by post on payment of Rs. 850/- for General/ OBC Category and Rs. 450/- for SC/ST Category through Demand Draft in favour of" Veterinary Council of India- Examination Fund, New Delhi" Payable at New Delhi, from the office of the Veterinary Council of India, 'A' Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110066.
(iii) The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained between 4th January to 15th February, 2016 by hand against Cash payment from the following branches of Vijaya Bank (Rs. 800/-in case of General Category/OBC and Rs. 400/-for SC/ST Category):-
1. Vijaya Bank, P. B. No.218,306-308,3rd Floor, Babukhan Estate, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad -01
2. Vijaya Bank, B.P.O. No. 15.195/196, Prakasam Road,Tirupati-517501.
3. Vijaya Bank, Satkar Shopping Arcade, FraserRoad, Patna-800001.
4. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 119, LIC Building, Sector-17B, Chandigarh-160017.
5. Vijaya Bank, Medina Manzil Jail Road, Kutchery Chowk, Raipur.
6. Vijaya Bank, Barakhamba Road, No17, Vijaya Building, New Delhi-110001.
7. Vijaya Bank, Ansal Chamber-II,6, Africa Avenue, Bhikaji Came Place, New Delhi -110066.
8. Vijaya Bank, Plot No. 5, No.-1, Savitri Plaza, I.P. Extension LSC-2, Patparjanj, Delhi-110092.
9. Vijaya Bank, Plot No. 1, C.U. Block, Vikas Surya Plaza, Local Shopping Centre, Pitampura, NewDelhi-110034.
10. Vijaya Bank, No.-2, Mall Road, Shimla.
11. Vijaya Bank, No. 55, Baralal Street, Upper Bazar, Ranchi.
12. Vijaya Bank, P.B. NO. 5118, Public Utility Building , Mayo Hall , M.G. Road, Bangalore - 560001.
13. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 150, Swastik Centre, MG. Road, Thiruvananthapuram - 695001.
14. Vijaya Bank, 111, Laxmi Niwas, Sindhi Colony, Berasia Road, Bhopal.
15. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 18, G.S. Road, Shillong - 793001.
16. Vijaya Bank, No. 148, Ashok Nagar, Bhubaneswar -751009
17. Vijaya Bank, P. B. No. 23, Ahinsa Circle, Subhas Marg, Jaipur-302 001.
18. Vijaya Bank, 31/49, MGMarg, Mayfair Building, Hazratgang, Lucknow- 226001.
19. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 322, Heera Sons House, 74/276, Haisley Road, Kanpur-208001.
20. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 7, No.48/141/A, 1st Floor, MisirPokhra, Luxa Road, Varanasi-221 001.
21. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 120, No.6, Mahant Laxmandas Road, Dehradun -248001.
22. Vijaya Bank, P.B. No. 2038,1/2, Old Court House, Brabourne Road, Kolkata - 700001.
The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand from the following offices on production of Demand Draft of Rs. 800/- in case of General and Rs. 400/-for SC/ST Category in favour of "Veterinary Council of India Examination Fund, New Delhi" payable at "New Delhi":-
(a) The Registrar, Andaman & Nicobar UT Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Haddo, Port Blair-744102.
(b) The Registrar, Nagaland State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Veterinary & A. H., Kohima797001.
(c) The Registrar, Tripura Veterinary Council, Veterinary Complex, Astabal, Agartala- 799005.
(d) The Registrar, Manipur Veterinary Council, Sanjenthong, Imphal- 795001.
(e) The Registrar, Mizoram State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Aizawl.
(f) The Registrar, Arunachal Pradesh Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry, Nirjuli - 791109.
(g) The Registrar, Sikkim State Veterinary Council, Department ofAnimal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Krishi Bhawan,Tadong, Sikkim-737102.
LAST DATE FOR SALE OF INFORMATION BULLETIN AND RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
The last date for sale of Information Bulletin and Application Form by Hand/Post/Bank is 15th February, 2016.
The last date of submission of duly filled Application Form is 22nd February, 2016 (5.00 P.M.). Application received after 22nd February,2016 shall not be considered.
Controller of Examination,
Veterinary Council of India
'A' Wing, 2nd Floor,
August Kranti Bhawan,
Bhikaji Cama Place,
New Delhi 110066
Telephone No.011-26184149 (from 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon & 2.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M. on working days)