Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore invites application for admission to M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch Courses for session 2016.
Karnataka Examination authority invites application from Karnataka and Non-Karnataka candidates for admission in 1 year to above course courses in the institutions affiliated to Universities as notified by the Government of Karnataka for the session 2016-15.
M.E: Master in Engineering (Full Time/ Part Time)
M.Tech: Master in Technology (Full Time/ Part Time)
M.Arch: Master in Architecture (Full Time/ Part Time)
Candidate is selected on the basis of the PGCET 2016 Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2016conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority. Candidate having Valid GATE score card are not required to appear in PGCET-2014 Entrance Test. Candidate with Valid GATE score are selected for the admission to the M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch Courses on the basis of their GATE Score.
Note for Candidate Having GATE score Card: The candidates with valid GATE score have to apply online for admission
Entrance Examination details:
The Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2016 time table is as follows for M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch is as follows: Courses offered by VTU, UVCE, UBDTCE (Type - A): 26th July 2016 (Saturday, 10.30 am to 12.30 pm)
Courses offered by Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Science, Kuvempu University and Department of Studies in Computer Science, University of Mysore (Type - B): 26th July 2016 (Saturday, 02.30 pm to 04.30 pm)
The details of academic eligibility for all the above courses are available on the KEA websitehttp://kea.kar.nic.in. Only Eligible candidate are allowed to apply for the course.
Note: Non-Karnataka students are eligible to select only the seats surrendered by the management, if any for MCA course
How to Apply
- Apply online: Fill in the application form (all details) through Online by browsing URL on website http://kea.kar.nic by selecting "PGET-2014". After submission of application form online candidates will receive an application ID and Password to their registered email address and also the same information will be displayed on the screen
- Upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photo and Signature in JPG format only.
- After completing the above two steps candidate get printout of the Challan copy which is in Duplicate/Triplicate. Amount to pay is mentioned in challan according to category of Candidates. Fees for the General/OBC candidate is Rs.650/- and for SC/ST is Rs.500/-only Karnataka candidates)
- The candidates have to pay fee through challan which is submitted in any of the branch of State Bank of Mysore. Further, candidates residing in Karnataka can apply pay in E-payment Post offices. The Post Office will retain Post Office copy of the Challan and handover the Candidate copy of the Challan to the candidates
- And last step is to take a printout of the application form on A-4 Size paper. Affix candidate's recent Passport size Photo, signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression on the space provided. After that attest application form from Principle from the college where you have studied final B.E/B.Tech or QE on the space provided in the printed form. Seal and signature of the principal is mandatory. The same copy should be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan
- Candidates should note down their application ID and Password for further use until the completion of filling of the online application
- 2. Incomplete application form of candidate is accepted by the authority. Applications form without Photo and Signature will be rejected without informing candidate. There is not a facility of editing after taking the printout.
Commencement of apply Online to fill application: 30th June 2016
Last date of SBM / E-Payment post office from: 02nd July 2016
Last Date of Entry of Application details online: 10th July 2016
Last date to pay the fee in the E-Payment Post Office: 12th July 2016
Downloading of Admission Tickets on or after: 20th July 204
- After filling the payment details from the Post office/ SBM candidate will be permitted to download the admission ticket
- The information / particulars entered by the candidates online for PGCET-2014 will be deemed as “Final" and will be the basis for further process. No change in any information entered by the candidates will be allowed.
Address: Karnataka Examinations Authority (Govt of Karnataka)
Samplge Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Banglore-560012,
Phone Number:-080-23461575, 23462758,