Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT) is one of the most excellent Educational Institution along with Research and Development. The Ministry of Food Processing Industries has registered IICPT under it. Apart from being the elite Research and Development Institution IICPT is also known for offering various courses on the educational front. The associated academic courses are affiliated to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, which is located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Various MOUs and collaborations were made to entertain a joint program for information dissemination, institutional development, exchange faculty, research, curriculum and training with various national and international institutions.
Indian Institution of Crop Processing Technology has notified that they are open for admissions for B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD courses for the year 2015
Eligibility for B.Tech (Food Processing Engineering):
- The interested candidates should have passed class XII or any other equivalent examination from any recognized board of education. The subject of qualification should be Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
Eligibility for M.Tech (Food Processing Engineering):
- The interested candidate should have cleared B.E or B.Tech degree in any one of the following courses- Food Processing Engineering, Post Harvest Technology, Agricultural Process Engineering and Food Science Technology with Mathematics.
- The minimum required percentage for the applying candidate is 60.
Eligibility for M.Tech (Food Science and Technology):
- The interested candidate should have passed a four years Bachelor degree in any one of the following courses- Food Technology, Home Science, Food Science and Nutrition, Food Process Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Post harvest Technology, Food Science and Quality Control and Food Processing Technology.
- The minimum required percentage is 60.
Eligibility for PhD (Food Processing Engineering):
- The interested candidate should have passed a four years bachelor degree and a 2 year M.Tech or M.E degree in any one of the following courses- Food Processing Engineering, Post Harvest Technology, Agricultural Process Engineering and Food Science Technology with Mathematics.
- Candidates who belong to credit system should have a minimum GPA of 7.00 out of 10 and 3.00 out of 4.00. Candidates with a minimum of 70% are also eligible to apply.
- The selection will entirely be based on the basis of merit and ranking order.
- Reservation policy will be based on the norms made by the Government of India.
- The ranks will depend on the former course marks and an oral test conducted by IICPT itself.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have UGC or CSIR fellowship. (Applicable for PhD students only.)
How to apply:
- Interested Candidates can download the application for (soft copy) from the official website- www.iicpt.edu.in
- The respective application forms are to be submitted online at the official website.
- A copy of the filled registration form should be printed and submitted to The Director, Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Pudukottai Road, Thanjavur- 613005 along with original DD by 10tt July, 2015.
- Application fee for OC or OBC and SC or ST is Rs 250 and Rs 125 respectively.
- The above mentioned demand draft is to be submitted in the favor of Director, ICCPT, payable at Thanjavur.
- Online Registration will begin from 1st June, 2015
- Online Registration will be closed by 30th June, 2015
- Deadline for the submission of the application form (hard copy) is 10th July, 2015.
Phone: 04362 228155
Fax: 91 4362 228155