Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University offers education under different streams and the university has called for applications from eligible candidates for the MD course in Homeopathy called as M.D. (Hom.). Admission to this course is made on the basis of merit secured by candidates in HOMPET 2015.
The M.D (Hom.) course is offered by the Homeopathic Medical College in Pune, which is the constitute college of the university. This is a three-year full-time course offered in the following 6 subjects:
- Homeopathic Materia Medica
- Organon of Medicine
- Practice of Medicine
The number of seats available for the course is 30 in total, which means 6 seats for each of the above-mentioned 5 subjects.
- The applicants must have completed their Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery or equivalent qualification in Homoeopathy included in the 2nd schedule of the Homeopathy Central Council Act 1973. This degree must have been obtained after undergoing a course study of 5.5 years inclusive of one-year compulsory internship or
- BHMS graded degree or equivalent qualification included in the same schedule mentioned above, after undergoing an education of not less than 2 years.
- Candidates with any of these qualifications will be admitted only after they take up the HOMPET 2015 conducted for the purpose of admission to the course.
The university or the authority nominated by the central government shall nominate the candidates only for a P.G course. Then, preference shall be given to candidates with work experience in rural areas for 2 years pertaining to one seat in a subject on the basis of merit.
The exam is planned to be held on the 26th of February 2015 and the eligible candidates will have to apply before the 17th of February 2015. The results will be declared on the 6th of March 2015 and the counseling will be held on the 6th of April 2015. The college will begin to course from the 1st of June 2015.
How to apply?
A candidate interested in applying to the HOMPET 2015 will have to submit the prescribed form. The application form can be obtained from the website of the university and it should reach the Registrar of the University before the last date to apply mentioned earlier. The applicants will have to enclose the photocopies of the following documents along with their application:
- Statement of marks all year of BHMS course
- Certificate showing completion of internship
- If the applicant is employed, he/she should submit a ‘no objection’ certificate from the employer.
- Medical fitness certificate
- Higher secondary statement of marks
- Certificate of registration with the state/central homeopathic council after completion of BHMS course.
- Migration certificate
- Nationality certificate
- Certificate from the dean of the college from where the candidates completed the BHMS course stating that the college is recognized by CCH
Apart from these certificates, they should also submit the copies of following certificates if applicable:
- Caste certificate
- Gap certificate
- Change of name
- Conditional bond.