Dhirubai Ambani Instiute (DA-IICT) PG and Ph.D Admissions
Master of Technology (Information and Communication Technology) - M Tech (ICT) .
• Candidates having/appearing for the B Tech / BE degree in ICT and other allied disciplines such as, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation, IT and other allied disciplines OR M Sc degree in Physics, Electronics, Mathematics or Statistics may apply
• Candidates must have 60% marks or equivalent in the qualifying degree as per the norm set by respective Institute or University in the above degree. The candidates appearing for their final year examinations of their qualifying degrees in 2010 may also apply provided they produce a provisional degree certificate or any other proof of the completion of degree certificate before 30 October 2010.
Master of Science (Information Technology) - M Sc (IT)
A graduate with a minimum of 60% marks in their qualifying degree examination may apply. Candidates appearing in their final degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2010 may also apply subject to the condition that they obtain the 60% cumulative record after final examination and submit the provisional degree certificate or any other proof of the completion of degree certificate before 30 October 2010 to the Institute. The students must have at least two courses of Mathematics or Statistics in their undergraduate curriculum and must have completed at least one course on computer science.
M.Sc. (ICT in Agriculture and Rural Development)
A graduate in any of the disciplines mentioned below with a minimum of 15 years (10 + 2 + 3) of formal education and one year of full-time work experience or with a four-year professional degree (without work experience) is eligible to apply: Agriculture & Allied Sciences, Agricultural Engineering, Bio-Sciences and Engineering, Fisheries, Forestry, Management Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Applications, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science/Technology.
A minimum 60% at the bachelor’s level in the disciplines specified above is required
Master in Design (Communication Design) – M Des
Eligibility for the program
• This is an intensive and innovative program that demands motivated students.
• The program is suitable for students who have a technology background but seek a cultural and artistic orientation to become successful communicators, as well as students who have training in fields other than science and technology but aspire to gain some technological skills to become more creative and effective communicators.
• A candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree from any statutory university or equivalent.
• Applicants from fields of Technology, Science, Humanities, Social Science, Applied Arts, and Performing Arts are eligible for this interdisciplinary program
• Candidates must have minimum of 55% marks or CPI of 6.0/10.0 in the qualifying degree examination.
• Individuals who have work experience are also encouraged to apply for the program.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
A. Candidates willing to pursue research in the ICT and related domain must possess a degree in:
M Tech / ME in: Information and Communication Technology related areas such as ICT, CS, IT, CT, EC, ECE, EE, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Biomedical Engineering and allied disciplines.
B Tech / BE / MSc in: Information and Communication Technology related areas such as ICT, CS, IT, CT, EC, ECE, EE, Telecommunication, Instrumentation, Biomedical Engineering and allied disciplines.
MS /MSc degree of DA-IICT and MCA.
Candidate interested in pursuing PhD in ICT and related areas must have at least 60% marks in the qualifying degree.
B. Candidates with M Phil in the field of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Sciences and interested in these areas must have an M Phil degree in the desired area with at least 60% marks.:
Candidates with an MSc degree (or MS Degree of DA-IICT), unless they have a subsequent M Phil degree, will be considered equivalent to candidates with a B Tech / BE degree and will need to fulfill additional course and research requirements.
• Admission to M Tech (ICT) program will be based on valid GATE score.
• Selection of candidates for admission to M. Sc. (IT) program will be based on an all-India Entrance Test to be conducted at : Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Mumbai, Jaipur, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Bhopal, Kolkata.
• Admission to M. Sc. (ICT in ARD) program will be based on an all-India Entrance Test to be conducted at: Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Mumbai, Jaipur, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Bhopal, Kolkata, followed by an interview at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar
• The Entrance test and interview for M Des program will be conducted only at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar.
• The result of the entrance test(s) for M Sc (IT) and M Sc (ICT in ARD) will be announced at this website by End week of June 2010.
Submission of Application Form
• Applications to the PG programs are preferably to be made online.
• Application form can also be downloaded from the website and sent by post.
• Application fee for online submission is Rs. 1000/- while for submitting the downloaded application by post it is Rs. 1050/-. The application fee is to be paid through a Demand Draft, drawn in favour of “DA-IICT” and payable at Ahmedabad.
• The application form and the demand drafts have to be sent to:
PG Admissions 2010
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar - 382 007
• Candidates are advised to write their name and the program applied for at the reverse of the DD. The institute takes no responsibility for loss of DD in transit.
• For any query, write to pg_admissions[at]daiict.ac.in
Filling of online Application Forms: Commences on - 18 March 2010
Filling of online Application Forms: Closes on- 5 May 2010
Last Date for receiving completed Application Form- 5 May 2010
Entrance test for M.Sc. (IT) and M.Sc. (ICT-ARD) - 30 May 2010
Entrance test & Interviews for Ph.D- 21 June 2010
Counselling/Interviews for M. Tech. (ICT) - 22 June 2010
Entrance test & Interviews for M. Des - 23 June 2010
Interview for M.Sc. (ICT-ARD)- 24 June 2010
Commencement of session - 19 July 2010
For more details visit http://www.daiict.ac.in/