Dravidian University, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh announces admission to M.Phil (Full -time/ part-time) and Ph.D. (Full-time/ part-time) for the session 2016-15.
M.Phil. and Ph.D. in following discipline:
- Comparative Dravidian Literature,
- Physical Education,
- Computer Science,
- Library and Information Science and
Education Qualification for admission to M.Phil. / Ph.D.
Eligibility for Full Time / Part Time M.Phil. /Ph.D.:
- Candidates must have Post graduation degree of this University or recognized as equivalent thereto with minimum of 55% marks in the concerned subject of PG. However, there is concession of 5% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates must have valid score card/qualify in (DURCET) Entrance Examination conducted by Dravidian University
Eligibility for Part Time M.Phil. /Ph.D.
- Employees of Dravidian University working as Teacher/Research Assistant/Research Fellow with not less than two years of Regular Service are eligible for part time mode.
- Non-Teaching employees of the Dravidian University with not less than 2 years of Regular Service is also eligible.
- Employees of Dravidian University/ other University working as Teacher and having 2 years of teaching experience as Permanent employee / 5 years of teaching experience as Temporary / ad hoc employee
- Junior Lecturers of Junior Colleges or Polytechnics/ DIET/PG Teachers equivalent to Junior Lecturers working in recognized institutions having 2 years of teaching experience as Permanent employee / 5 years of teaching experience as Temporary / ad hoc employee
- Librarians/Deputy Librarians/Assistant Librarians/Directors/Deputy Directors/Assistant Directors working in Colleges / Junior Colleges and 2 years of experience as Permanent employee/5 years of experience as Temporary / ad hoc employee are mandatory.
- Lecturers in Physical Education / Physical Directors working in Colleges / Junior Colleges having 2 years of experience as Permanent employee/5 years of experience as Temporary / ad hoc employee
- Teachers with PG Degree working in Engineering Colleges and having 2 years of teaching experience as Permanent employee / 5 years of teaching experience as Temporary / ad hoc employee
- Permanent employees working in reputed National/State Institutions with not less than 2 years of Regular service. (The list of such institutes shall be furnished by the Departmental Research Committee (DRC)
- Permanent teachers working in Govt/Aided High Schools with not less than 5 years of Regular Service
- Employees of Commercial Banks, Industries, Financial Institutions, Reputed Service Organizations, Central / State Govt Gazette and Non-Gazetted Officers and minimum 10 years of service.
How to apply for Registration (M.Phil. /PhD Programmes):
- Candidate can get application form and Prospectus from the Office of the Dean, Academic Affairs, Dravidian University, Kuppam-517426 and download application forms from the website.
- Payment is receive in the form of Demand Draft of Rs.500/- (Rs.400/- for SC/ST/PHC) in person; as well as for Downloaded Application payment is done by Posting Demand Draft of Rs.550/- (Rs.450/- for SC/ST/PHC) in favour of “The Registrar, Dravidian University” payable at Kuppam.
- Candidates applying for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D. shall apply on separate application forms and compulsory to qualify Common Entrance Test (both for M.Phil. /Ph.D.).
Note: There are separate application forms for M.Phil. /Ph.D. Application form used for M.Phil should not be used for Ph.D. and vice-versa.
- First read the prospectus carefully and fill in the application form and affix black and white recent photo on the application form in the box provided
- Enclose duly attested photo copies of relevant certificates with each application for the entrance test; duly attested passport size photographs of the candidate must be affixed to the application form and the hall-ticket form.
Information regarding rejection of application form:
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected
- All enquiries regarding non-receipt of the Registration Card, Hall-ticket, etc., should be discussed with the Dean, Academic Affairs, Dravidian University, Kuppam.
Hall-Tickets for common entrance exam (all eligible candidates) will be sent by post.
Entrance Exam paper carry 120 multiple choice type questions and each question carries one marks. Duration of the Entrance exam: 2 hours duration
Maximum marks: 120
Medium of paper: English only except in case of language subjects
Pattern of the paper:
There are two sections in the paper
Section A- 30 questions of General Aptitude
Section B- 90 questions from subject of PG Course (as per the syllabus given in the Annexure).
Information Regarding Admission to M.Phil. /Ph.D. Programmes:
1) Preference order for admission into M.Phil./PhD:
1st preference: National Level Test (GATE/UGC-JRF/UGC-CSIR-JRF/UGC-NET);
2nd preference: State Level Eligibility Test (SLET);
3rd preference: Rank obtained in DURCET-14
2) The rule of reservation shall be applied in the admission of M.Phil. / Ph.D. candidates as per the Govt of Andhra Pradesh rule of reservation policy. There is 10% reservation for Candidates from Karnataka, Kerala, Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu
3) Admission to M.Phil. & PhD Programmes is based on the number of seats available. The vacancies may vary at the time of admission, if the exiting candidates submit their thesis or cancel or candidates join under UGC-JRF or SET categories.
Candidate is selected for admission is on the basis of the rank obtained in Entrance Test (DURCET-2014), in addition to all other criteria laid down in the Prospectus. Candidates who have qualified GATE/UGC NET/ SLET/ CSIR Examination no need to appear in DURCET-2014
Sale of Applications form: 07th July 2016 to 05th August 2016
Last date for submission of Application form: 05th August 2016 (Before 5.00 PM)
Dispatch of Hall Tickets: 14th August 2016
Date of Entrance Examination: 24th August 2016 at 2.00 PM (Venue: Dravidian University Campus, Kuppam)
Announcement of Result: 28th August 2016
First phase of admissions: 15th & 16th September 2016
Srinivasavanam, Kuppam-517426 (Andhra Pradesh),