Marine Engineering Training Institute (METI) invites application for the Graduate Mechanical Engineers (GME) Course.
About Institute: The Marine Engineering Training Institute (METI) commenced the Graduate Mechanical Engineers (GME) Course in 1993. The METI is within the premises of Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) . The Shipyard is situated at Perumanoor, M.G.Road, Ernakulam, Cochin (Kochi). It is 2 Kms from Ernakulam Junction Railway Station and 5 Kms from Ernakulam Town Railway Station. The Cochin International Airport is 30 Kms from the Shipyard. The City is well connected by Road, Rail and Air to the various parts of the country. Marine Engineering Training Institute (METI) invites application for the Graduate Mechanical Engineers (GME) Course.
Course Duration: One Year
No. of Batch: Two (January & August)
No. of Seats: 108 (January) & 32 (August)
• The total fee for the course is 3,00,000/- including boarding & lodging. At the time of admission, the candidate shall pay total amount of 3,00,000/-(Three Lakhs only) by Demand Draft of any Nationalized Bank, in favor of “Cochin Shipyard Limited”, payable at Ernakulam. This includes Tuition fee, Study Materials, Library & Laboratory charges, Uniforms, Boarding and Lodging expenses, Swimming pool charges, Group Insurance and Student Membership of Institute of Marine Engineers. The course fee for female candidates is 2,20,000/-
• The course fee includes fees towards four STCW modular courses, which the trainees have to undergo separately during/after completion of the course METI. METI shall make arrangements for these courses. It also includes application fee for CDC, cost of TAR Book/Training Manual and Engine Room Simulator course.
• Trainees have to pay 1,200/-(as of now) in favour of “MARITIME TRAINING TRUST– INDoS ACCOUNT” payable at MUMBAI, as INDoS application fee to INDoS Cell, AFTER JOINING THE COURSE
• Candidates will not be paid any stipend during the training.
• If a candidate, after joining the training course, withdraws from the training or expelled on disciplinary grounds, he shall not be eligible for any refund of fees
• Candidates should be of Indian Nationality.
• Female candidates shall be admitted, provided there are at least two candidates.
• Provision exists for a maximum of eight Female candidates.
• The age limit for selection is 28 years as on the date of commencement of the course.
• The Educational standards presently specified by the Administration is a pass in Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in Naval Architecture from recognized university with minimum 50% marks and the course approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or UGC.(Degree certificate like Mechanical Engineering (CAD ,CAM) Naval Architecture & Ship Building etc., are not acceptable to DG Shipping. Approval of their Degree by DG Shipping is the responsibility of the candidate.
• These candidates are eligible for exemption of Part A of MEO Class IV and Class II, Certificate of Competency from the DG Shipping, after successfull completion of GME Course.
• Degree in Mechanical & Automation is also acceptable for admission, but these candidates have to pass the Heat Engines (written paper) for Part A of MEO Class IV and Thermodynamics and Heat Transmission (written paper) for Part A of MEO Class II, after successful completion of the GME Course.
• The candidate should have 50 % of marks in English in any of the following Examination Xth ,XIIth , Diploma, Degree.
• The candidate joining the course must be in sound health and shall produce a medical fitness certificate from a DG shipping approved Medical Practitioner in the approved format. The list of approved medical practitioners is given in DG Shipping www.dgshipping.com.
• The candidate must pass the psychological screening test (MMPE test) conducted on behalf of Directorate General of Shipping.
• Normally, candidates sponsored by shipping companies are admitted. If any seats remain vacant after admitting sponsored candidates, selection will be done from done from non-sponsored candidates (Direct Application) as per the marks obtained in engineering degree.
Date of Admissions: 15th November & 1st July
Date of Reporting at Hostel: 30/31 December, 30/31 July
Date of Commencement of training: 1st January, 1st August