The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for admission to the Research program
(a) Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Science/ Agriculture/ Humanities or its equivalent.
(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Medicine/ Architecture/ Biotechnology/ or its equivalent.
(c) Master’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture or its equivalent.
(d) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science /Electronics followed by qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE.
(e) An MBA or its equivalent subsequent to BE/B Tech for admission to the department of Management Studies only.
1. The minimum requirement for admission to the research program is a SECOND CLASS (as declared by the University) in the qualifying examination as indicated against each department..
2. Wherever B Sc with a professional Diploma is prescribed, candidates should have a B.Sc in the 10+2+3 system with at least a SECOND CLASS with Physics and/or Mathematics or Chemistry as subjects in the curriculum as applicable to the departments concerned.
3. The minimum requirement of SECOND CLASS in the qualifying examination is relaxed to PASS CLASS for SC/ST candidates.
4. Some departments have specific requirements of subjects at the Bachelor’s or 10+2 levels . Candidates have to ensure that they meet these requirements and this should be clearly reflected in the application form which is to be enclosed with the data sheet.
5. Those in the final year of their qualifying examination and awaiting results are also eligible to apply. However, they should have completed all the requirements for the award of their qualifying degree, including all examinations, dissertation projects, viva-voce, etc., by the time of joining, i.e., by the end of July 2016.
6. Candidates who register initially for an M Sc(Engg) degree in Engineering may be permitted to convert to a Ph D degree subject to academic assessment.
Departments and Areas of Research
Programs in the Faculty of Science
The following table gives the basic qualifications and areas of research pursued in various departments.
|You Must Read:|
|Find the Details of All Entrance Exams|
|Read the CAT Exam Details: Exam Date, Result, Application form|
|Find the Information of JEE Advanced|
Areas of Research
Water Quality and Sustainable Supply; Water and Sanitation; Integrated Habitats/Human Settlement Design and Architecture; Alternative Building Technologies and Materials, Energy Efficient and Environmentally Sound Technologies; Functional Efficiency of Buildings including Climatic-Performance, Energy, Solar Architecture; Renewable Energy; Solar, Biomass Combustion and Gasification, Biomethanation, Bio-Fuels, etc.; Renewable Energy; Energy Planning, Demand Side Management, Energy Efficiency; Waste Management; Reuse and Recycling; Natural Resources Management; Climate Change Mitigation; Information and Communications Technology.
ME/ M Tech or BE/ B Tech or equivalent degree in any Engineering discipline (viz., Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical including Renewable Energy, Environmental Engineering, Energy Studies) or M Sc or equivalent degree in Environmental Science and/or Environmental Chemistry or M Arch or B Arch.
14. Super Computer Education & Research Centre (SE)
Streams $ :
i) Computational Sciences
(ii) Computer Systems
Areas of Research
Compiler Optimization, Computer Aided Design, Computational Electromagnetics, Computer Architecture, Computational methods in Medical Imaging, Computational formulations for Optical Physics, Database Systems, Embedded System-On-Chip Architectures, Grid Applications, Grid Computing and Grid Middleware, High Performance Computing, Mathematical Software/Libraries, Multimedia, Medical Image Processing and Physiological signal processing, Network Security, Pervasive Computing, Quantum Computing, Scientific Computing, Stream Processing Architectures.
ME / M Tech or BE / B Tech or equivalent degreein any Engineering discipline or M Sc or equivalent degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electronics, Instrumentation or Computer Sciences orMaster’s in Computer Application.In all cases a background in programming is required.
15.Management Studies (MG)
Areas of Research
Applied Statistics, Strategic Management, Operations Research, Industrial Economics, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Public Policy, Marketing, Technology Management, Management of R & D, Information Systems Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control and Reliability, Management of Intellectual Property, Management of Innovation, Energy and Environmental Management. Deutsch Als Fremdsprache, and Intercultural aspects.
ME/ M Tech or BE /B Tech or equivalent degree or MBA or equivalent PGDBM or Master's degree in Economics, Social Work, Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science/Application or Master's degree in German Language.
Areas of Research
Embedded Systems and Applications, Sensors and Related Instrumentation, Tomographic Imaging for Biomedical and other applications, Lasers and Optical Metrology, Switching Devices for Information Storage, Mass Spectrometry, Photovoltaics, Electrical and Thermal Contact Resistance, Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS), Fibre-Bragg Grating Sensors. Cryogenics Technology and Application
ME / M Tech or BE / B Tech or equivalent degree or M Sc or equivalent degree in Instrumentation, Physics, Materials Science, Applied Physics, Electronics or B Sc (Physics & Mathematics) followed by AMIE, Grad. IETE, AMIIChE, AMIIM, AMAeSI.
Degree offered: Ph.D
The candidates admitted to the interdisciplinary program would be jointly associated with at least two departments.
1 Mathematical Sciences (MS)
Participating departments: MA, PH, MB, IN, EC, CH, AE, ME, SE, MG, CS, MD, NS.
Areas of Research
Numerical Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Scientific Computation; Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks; Bioinformatics; System Biology; Computational Neuroscience; Computational Biophysics; Computational Biology; Evolutionary Biology; Theoretical Biology; Viral Dynamics; Constrained Biomolecular Dynamics; Mathematical Immunology; Stochastic Optimal Control; Mathematical Finance; Partial Differential (Algebraic) Equations; Optimization; Computational Geometry and Topology; Computational Geometry and Data Visualization; Inverse Boundary Value Problem in The Context of Imaging; Coding Theory and Techniques; Game Theory, Systems and Cognitive Neuroscience.
M Sc or equivalent degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Bioinformatics or ME/M Tech or BE/B Tech or equivalent degree in Engineering discipline, including Biotechnology.
2 Nanoengineering for Integrated Systems (NI)
Participating departments: AE, ED, CH, EC, IP, IN, MR, MT,ME, MB, PH, PD, and SE
Areas of Research
Research Areas Cover a Broad Spectrum of Topics Relevant To Engineering At The Nano Scale For Realizing Integrated Systems: Novel Materials and Processes for Transistors, Sensors and Actuators, Non-Silicon Based Transistors, Phase Change Memory, Piezoelectric, Ferroelectric, Magnetic, Organic, Shape Memory Materials and Devices, System On Chip, Inertial Sensors, ,Acoustic Sensors, Chemical Sensors, Gas Sensors, Bio Sensors, Computational Nanoengineering, MEMS and NEMS, RF MEMS, Optical MEMS, CMOS-MEMS Integration
ME/M Tech or BE/B Tech or equivalent degree in an Engineering discipline or M Sc or equivalent degree in a Science discipline.
3 Chemical Biology (CB)
Participating departments: All the depts. in the division of Biological and Chemical Sciences, and the depts of PH and CH.
Areas of Research
A diverse array of areas in all aspects of Chemical Studies of Biological Systems including Proteins, Carbohydrates, Nucleic Acids, Synthesis and Mechanism of Interaction of Drugs and Protein/DNA, Membranes and Mebrane Bound Proteins, DNA Modifying Enzymes, Protein Folding and Modification, Amino Acids and Peptide Structure, Molecular Recognition, Lipids and Bioactive Molecules, Cell-Cell Interaction, Rates of Enzymatic Reactions, Cancer and Anti-Cancer and Anti-Viral Agents, and X-Ray Crystallography of Biomolecules
Master’s degree in any branch of Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications, Pharmacy, Veterinary Science, Agriculture, MBBS.
4 Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (NN)
Participating depts: PH, IN, IP, OC, SS, MR, CH, ME, MT and EC.
Areas of Research
Research Covers Broad Areas of Nanoscience and Technology Including Synthesis and Self Assembly and Consolidation of Nanoparticles of Inorganic and Organic Materials, Ceramics, Metals and Polymer, Properties of Nanomaterials including Catalysis, Development of Devices and Systems Through Nanoscience and Technology
ME/M Tech or BE / B Tech or equivalent degree in an Engineering discipline orM Sc or equivalent degree in a Science discipline.
The selection of candidates for admission to research programs (including interdisciplinary programs) is by an interview held at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during the period 7-11 June 2016.
The number of candidates called for interview will depend on the number of vacancies available in each department.
1.6.1 Short listing for Interview
• Candidates with ME/ M Tech or an equivalent degree including MBA (post BE/B Tech) opting for Ph D in Engineering will be short-listed based on their academic performance including GATE; or CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC NET for JRF; or ICMR JRF; or DBT JRF; or IISc Entrance Test; or JEST; or NBHM.
• Candidates with ME/ M Tech or an equivalent degree opting for Ph D in Science Faculty should qualify in any one of the following tests given below (a to g). They will be short-listed based on their performance in the qualifying test.
• Candidates with BE/ B Tech/ M Sc or an equivalent degree opting for M Sc(Engg) / Ph D in Engineering or Ph D in Science should qualify in any one of the following tests given below (a to g). They will be short-listed based on their performance in the qualifying test.
• Candidates who qualify through CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC NET for JRF; or ICMR JRF; or DBT JRF where quantitative measures are not known, may be subjected to another screening test at the Institute before the interview.
(a) IISc Entrance Test 2016
(b) GATE 2016 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
(c) Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF (with a valid certificate as on 1st of August 2016)
(d) UGC NET for JRF (with a valid certificate as on 1st of August 2016)
(e) ICMR JRF/DBT JRF (with a valid certificate as on 1st of August 2016) - for the
departments of BC, MD, ES, MC, and MB.
(f) NBHM (with a valid certificate as on 1st of August 2016)- for the department of Mathematics only.
(g) JEST 2016 - for the departments of PH, AP, HE, MB, IP, and SS.
Candidates with BE / B Tech or equivalent degree who may not have qualified in any of the above mentioned National Entrance Tests will also be considered for the Ph D program in Engineering. Short listing for interview of such candidates is based on their academic performance in the qualifying degree (upto 3rd year in BE / B Tech), and their performance in 10th and 12th /PUC examinations.
IISc Entrance Test 2016 - Sunday 25th April 2016 9 AM to 12 Noon
HOW TO APPLY
The Application Forms for Research, Course and Integrated Ph D programs may be obtained by any of the following three methods:
(1) Against a cash payment of Rs.700/- from select CANARA BANK Branches$ .
(2) Send your request for application form with 2 address slips (stickers), and a demand draft for Rs.700/- for general category (Rs.350/- for SC/ST/PH categories, along with a copy of an appropriate certificate) to the Deputy Registrar (Academic), Admissions Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012. The DD must be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore”.
(3) Online application – Online submission of application may be made by accessing the IISc website www.iisc.ernet.in/admissions w.e.f. 08.02.2016. Online application fee is Rs.600/- for general category and Rs.300/- for SC/ST/PH categories.
For External Registration Program - Candidates should write to the Deputy Registrar (Academic), Admissions Unit, IISc, Bangalore - 560 012, enclosing a DD for Rs.1500/- drawn in favour of “Registrar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore”.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Filled-in off-line and online application forms(hard copy) should reach the Deputy Registrar (Academic), Admissions Unit, IISc, Bangalore-560012 on or before 22.03.2016.
Separate application form should be used for each program viz Research or Course or Integrated Ph D. Only one application form will be entertained for each program.
Commencement of issue of Application forms (select Canara Bank Branches and IISc) and submission of online application. 08.02.2016
Last date for issue of Application forms (select Canara Bank Branches and IISc) and closure of website for submission of online application. 17.03.2016
Last date for receipt of completed Application forms both offline and online (hard copy). 22.03.2016
IISc Entrance Test: 25.04.2016
Select Canara Bank Branches where applications are issued:
Canara Bank Branches at Ahmedabad (Bhadra), Allahabad (MG Marg), Amritsar (DS Market), Bangalore (IISc. Campus, Indiranagar, Jayanagar Complex, Majestic), Bhopal (Berasia Rd), Bhubaneshwar (Bapujinagar), Calicut (Cherooty Rd), Chandigarh (Sector 17C), Chennai (Mount Road, T.Nagar, Guindy), Coimbatore (RS Puram), Delhi (Karolbagh, RK Puram, F-19 Connaught Circus), Dharwad (Market), Durgapur, Ernakulam (South), Gulbarga (Fort Rd), Guwahati (Fancy Bazar), Hyderabad (Abids Rd), Jaipur (Arvind Marg), Jamshedpur (Gulmohar Market), Kanpur (Mall Rd), Kolhapur (Laxmipuram), Kolkata (Chowringhee, Jadavpur, Brabourne Rd), Madurai (Grand Central), Mangalore (Hampankatta), Mumbai (Fort, Dadar West, Santacruz East, Chembur, New Mumbai), Mysore (Statue Square), Nagpur (Central Avenue), Panaji, Patna (South Gandhi Maidan), Pondicherry, Pune (Camp), Rourkela, Secunderabad (MG Rd), Srinagar (Residency Rd), Surat (Kotsafil Road), Surathkal (Main Rd), Thiruvananthapuram (Puthechanthai), Tiruchi (Teppakulam), Tirupathi, Vadodara (Raopura), Varanasi (Bansphatak), Vijayawada (Gandhinagar), Visakhapatnam (Suryabagh), Warangal (Station Rd).
visit http://www.iisc.ernet.in/ for more details.
|Study Abroad is A good opportunity for Bright Career, To Know More Read the following:|
|All Important Entrance Exams for Study Abroad|
|Get to Know All Details about GMAT|
|Find the Important Details About GRE|