The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public engineering institution located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was established in the year 1959. It was declared to be Institute of National Importance by Government of India under IIT Act.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur invites application for the admission of Doctorate of philosophy, Master of Technology and Master of Design Courses.
Below are some important information about the admission for Ph.D., M. Tech and M. Des:
- 1. Ph.D. Programme
Admission to the Ph. D. programme is generally made in both the semesters in a year, i.e., July and December. The advertisement is released by March/April and September each year respectively.
On the basis of an interview that assesses the candidate's aptitude, proficiency and potential in the area of his/her choice, a candidate is finally chosen. Admission for the sponsored candidates from the industries as well as research organizations is also available in the Ph. D. programme.
- Candidate should have passed Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Candidate with Bachelor degree of Engineering is also considered on the basis of his/her Performance and attainments.
- Basic Educational Qualification prescribed in the appropriate area is required to have qualified in GATE/UGC/CSIR examination for the admission for Ph.D. programmes in Science and humanities & Social Science.
- 2. Master of technology(M. Tech) Programme:
Admission to M. Tech. programmes is normally made twice a year, once in July and again in December. Advertisement is released in March/April and September respectively.
- Candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B. Tech) or a Master’s Degree in Science with minimum 55 % marks.
- Candidate should have passed GATE examination
- Master of Design (M. Des) programme:
To meet the new challenge of design - related professions, a comprehensive and formal training through a curriculum is the need of the day. There is a growing demand for specially trained graduates in the field of Design for the national and international industries.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, design and architecture from any of the recognized universities.
- Candidate should have passed CEED examination.
Admission is made once in a year through the CEED examination.
How to apply for the above mentioned courses:
- Candidate should be filled by candidates online.
- After completing the filling of application form, one has to take the print out of the application and have to send to concerned departments along with all the certificates, photographs and the draft for application fee.
- Fees must be paid through a DD in favor of “The Registar, IIT Kanpur”, should be payable at Kanpur.
- For general Candidates- Rs.400/-
- For SC/ST Candidates- Rs.200/-
Last date for submission of application form is April 14, 2014
Candidates can download the application form by the college official website www.iitk.ac.in