The Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad, shortly called as MICA will be conducting the computer-based MICAT 2016 examination on the 13th of December 2016 in 14 cities around the country. The applicants clearing this test will be called for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) sessions in Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Bangaluru cities by the middle of January 2016.
About the course:
The entrance test is conducted by the institute for admission to the 2016-2018 batch of PGDM-C course, which stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications, which is the Flagship course of the institute. This is a two-year full-time course and it is a residential course as well. The course is offered by the institute with the approval of AICTE and it is deemed as equivalent to MBA from one of the universities that belong to the Association of Indian Universities.
Four major changes this year:
As compared to the previous admission tests conducted by MICA Ahemdabad, this year four major changes has been announced with respect to selection cycle, eligibility exams, format of aptitude test and the fourth change is with respect to the GE & PI Centres. Here is the explanation for the changes:
• For the academic session 2016-18, the selection process will take place twice.
• Secondly, the eligibility tests for admission include CAT 2016, XAT 2016 and GMAT 2016 onwards, besides MICAT2016.
• MICAT will be conducted only as a computer-based test this year in 14 cities across India.
• The first phase of GE and PI will be held in the cities mentioned above and for second phase this session will be held at the institute campus itself at Ahmedabad.
Selection process to happen in January and March:
As mentioned earlier, from this academic year, the selection process for admission to Mudra Institute of Communication will happen twice in a year. This change is announced by the institute with a view to provide more opportunities to aspiring candidates to get admission. In addition, the announcement of four cities for GE-PI is made with a view to reduce stress for applicants and also to reduce the costs involved in reaching Ahmedabad from their home cities.
Eligibility to apply:
For MICA Registration, the aspirant should have a UG qualification in 10+2+3 format or those with equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized university can also register. Those in the final year of the qualifying degree course can also apply.
The application process has started on the 10th of September 2016 and it will be on until the 4th of December 2016 for the convenience of aspiring candidates to apply.
Process of selection:
MICA Ahemdabad, follows a three-step selection process, which includes the following:
1. It is important that the applicant must have taken at least one of the three popular MBA entrance tests mentioned earlier.
2. The second step is that it is compulsory for every applicant to appear to MICAT, which stands for Mudra Institute of Communication Admission Test. The test is for judging the leadership potential of the applicants in areas like consumer centricity, communication and creative thinking.
3. On the basis of the performance in this test, applications will be shortlisted for GE and PI, before final selection.
Pattern of the test:
This computer-based test will assess the aspiring candidates in areas like general awareness about contemporary social and business issues, written communication abilities, divergent thinking abilities.
|You Must Read:|
|Find the Details of All Entrance Exams|
|Read the CAT Exam Details: Exam Date, Result, Application form|
|Find the Information of JEE Advanced|
The institute follows a maximum intake capacity of 180 students for the PGDM-C course. So, interested candidates can now apply for MICAT2016..
|Study Abroad is A good opportunity for Bright Career, To Know More Read the following:|
|All Important Entrance Exams for Study Abroad|
|Get to Know All Details about GMAT|
|Find the Important Details About GRE|