Established by the Jain University Trust, Jain University from Bangalore is a deemed to be university. Earlier known as Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (SBMJC)¸ Jain University is also known for founding 10 Center for Excellence (CoEs), namely- Centre for Nano and Material Sciences, Centre for Emerging Technologies, Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Education, Centre for Indian Psychology, Centre for Post Graduate Studies, International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management, Centre for Disaster Mitigation, Centre for Ancient History and Culture, Centre for Advanced Studies in Biosciences and Centre for Post Graduate Studies.
Over 185 programmes under undergraduate, postgraduate and research are offered by the Jain University. Interdisciplinary certificate programmes and elective courses including Social and Humanities, Engineering Sciences and Technology, M.Phil, Languages, Physical and Life Sciences, Management and Commerce and Ph.D. are also offered.
Jain University has notified that the applications for admission for M.Phil programme are being invited for the academic year of 2016-16.
- The interested candidate should have a master’s degree in the respective subject from a recognized university. The minimum required percentage is 55. A relaxation of 5% will be given to candidates belonging to SC or ST.
- Students who are qualified for any one of these with a normal degree will also be entertained for admissions for M.Phil – CA, ACS or ICWA.
- Those candidates will also be entertained, who have qualified for a Master’s degree prior to 1990 – 1991 with a minimum of 50 as percentage.
How to apply:
- Interested Candidates can download the application forms from the official website of the university.
- The respective application forms are to be submitted to the University with a DD of Rs 1000 in the favor of Jain University, payable at Bangalore. The application form should be submitted along all the required documents like degree certificate, along with a receipt that indicates that the applying candidate has paid the prescribed fee.
- Formal Notification Calling for Application will begin from 1st June 2016.
- The application forms are expected to be submitted by the end of 17th July 2016.
- Candidates who are eligible to appear for the entrance test will be notified by 21st July, 2105.
- Interaction Sessions (optional) will be held at J C Road Campus on the 22nd of July.
- Entrance Test for the shortlisted candidates will be held on 26th July, 2016 at J C Road Campus.
- The results for the entrance test are expected to be announced by 30th July, 2016.
- Qualifying candidates will have to appear for an interview on 1st or 2nd of August.
- The final selection list of the candidates will be announced by 4th August, 2016.
- The last date for joining the course for the selected candidates is 12th of August, 2016.
- The courses for M.Phil will begin from 14th August, 2016.
- It is compulsory for candidates to attach a copy of “Synopsis” while submitting their application.
- The eligible candidates will have to appear for the M.Phil Entrance Test which comprises of an Aptitude Test, a Subject paper and an Interview.
- Candidates belonging to SC or ST will have reservations according to the guidelines set by the Government of India.
Address: School of Graduate Studies, # 34, 1st Cross, JC Road, Bangalore, Karnataka- 560001.