National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management offers B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph. D programmes -2014
National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) invited applications for admission to B. Tech, M. Tech, and Ph. D programmes for the academic year 2014-15.
Procedure to apply:
- Candidates have to apply online by visiting the official website www.niftem.ac.in
- Application must also carry a non-refundable application fee, to be paid through DD or online through Debit and Credit card, of 250 (General/ OBC) and 125 (SC/ST).
Eligibility & Selection procedure for B. Tech Programme:
- B. Tech in Food Technology & Management is a four year degree course provided with 180 seats.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th Exam in 2012 or 2013; or appeared in Class 12th Exam, 2014 with Physics, Mathematics and one of the subjects from Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology and securing 50% marks in total including all subjects. Besides a candidate must be appearing in JEE (Main) – 2014.
- Selection is based on JEE main Score.
Eligibility & Selection Procedure for M. Tech programme:
- M. Tech degree is a two year programme with different specialization like Food Supply Chain Management, Food Safety & Quality Management, Food Process Engineering & Management, Food Plant operation Management and Food Technology & Management with 18 seats in each of the specialization.
- Candidate should have completed 4 years of bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum of 60% marks.
- Selection will be based on valid GATE score.
- Remaining seats will be filled by non - GATE candidates on the basis of an Entrance Test and Interview conducted by NIFTEM.
Eligibility & Selection procedure for Ph. D programmes:
- Ph. D is a 2 year degree programme with different specialization like Agriculture & Environment Sciences, Basic & Applied Sciences, Food Engineering, Food Business Management and Food Science & Technology.
- Candidate should have completed Master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum of 60% marks.
- Preference will be given to NET/ GATE qualified candidates.
- Selection will be based on Research Entrance Test to be organized by NIFTEM at NIFTEM campus, Kundli.
- 1. For Indian Nationals:
- Online applications for B. Tech, M. Tech & Ph. D are available from 4th April 2014.
- Closing date of the online application for B. Tech & M. tech is 20th June 2014.
- Closing date of the online application for Ph. D is 30th May 2014.
- 2. For Foreign Nationals:
- Closing date for receipt of application is 15th May 2014.
- Issue of provisional admission letter is 31st May 2014.
- Date of admission is 25th July 2014.
For more details & Queries about the admission, please go through the official website www.niftem.ac.in