NIMHANS- the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences is located in Bangalore it is established as a deemed university, with a multidisciplinary field of mental health and neurosciences in 27 December 1974, with the amalgamation of the erstwhile mental hospital and the All India Institute of Mental Health and later it was established as a autonomous body under the Societies Registration Act into a leading area of medical service and research in the country. The lunatic asylum which came into being in the later part of the 19th century established by the Government of India, was renamed as the Mental Hospital in 1925 by the Government of Mysore. In 1954, the All India Institute of Mental Health was established which, in 1974, became an autonomous Institute called NIMHANS.
Departments in NIMHANS are mentioned below:
Biophysics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Human Genetics, Mental Health Education, Clinical Psychology, Neuroanaesthesia, Neurochemistry, Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, Neurology, Neuromicrobiology, Neuropathology, Neurophysiology, Neurosurgery, Neurovirology, Nursing, Psychiatric and Neurological Rehabilitation, Psychiatric Social Work, Psychiatry, Psychopharmacology, Speech Pathology & Audiology.
Courses Offered: - Online applications are invited for admission to the following courses
1. PhD courses Institute Fellowships:- Ph.D. Degree in Clinical Psychology, Neurophysiology, Psychiatric Social , Speech Pathology & Audiology & Biostatistics.
2. External Fellowship-Super Specialty Courses: - DM Degree in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, Neurology, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Neuro Anaesthesia & Neuropathology.
3. M.Phil:- M.Phil in Clinical Psychology, Psychiatric Social Work, Neurophysiology, Biophysics: , Neurosciences, Public Health & M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing.
4. Post Doctoral Fellowship Courses:- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Neuroanaesthesia, Neurocritical Care, Neuroinfection, Hospital Infection Control .
• The qualifying degrees for all the above mentioned courses should be from any recognized University by NIMHANS
• For PG Medical and Super specialty courses, age should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and 35 for PG Medical degree holders and relax able in case of SC/ST Candidates by a maximum of 5 years as on 1st July, 2015. For sponsored/deputed candidates age should not be more than 45 years as on 1st July, 2015.
• The Candidates should have obtained an aggregate of 55% of Marks in Master's degree for non-medical courses.
• For Medical qualification the degree should be recognized by the Medical Council of India.
• Candidates applying for Ph.D with fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT(JRF/SRF ONLY) are exempted from test and the candidates have to attend the interview and qualify by obtaining 50% marks to get admission for Ph.D Courses.
• Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website nimhans.kar.nic.in.
• The applications have to be filled online and submitted online.
• A candidate can apply for a maximum of three courses only, provided they are eligible.
• The Application fee is Rs.1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs.1000/- per course for SC/ST candidates for each course.
• The payment is to be made online only with Debit/ Credit Cards and/or online transfer
• The candidates have to appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates.
• Application form availability-1st January 2015
• Last Date for submitting application form: 31st January 2015
• Date of Online Entrance Test -2015: 28th & 29th March 2015
• Date of Interview & Counseling: 1st week of June 2015
• Courses Commencement Date: 1st July 2015
• Last date for admission of candidates: 8th July 2015
Hosur Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560 029
For more details visit website: nimhans.kar.nic.in