NIT Karnataka offers summer internship programme – 2014
NITK - Summer Internship Programme, conducted by the National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, will be held from 26th May 2014 - 12th July 2014. This programme aims to promote awareness and interest in good quality academic research among young students of Engineering, Basic Sciences, Management and Humanities through an Internship during summer vacation.
- Candidates pursuing the third year B. Tech/ BE, and students completing the first year (or 2nd semester) of M. Tech/ ME/M.Sc. / MBA are eligible to apply.
- Selection of interns will be made by respective departments based on academic performance in university examinations, paper presentations at conferences/workshops, projects executed, design contests participated, and other awards/ distinctions obtained.
- Preference will be given to students from Institutions with which NITK has a MoU for academic and research cooperation.
The internships will be financially supported by the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal. A total of 30 internships will be provided. Students selected from eligible applicants, will get the opportunity to work on research mini-projects under the mentorship of NITK faculty during the coming summer vacation.
Procedure to apply:
- Interested candidates are required to send a research proposal along with the application form and necessary enclosures by speed-post to the Head of the Department where the student wishes to carry out the internship.
- An advance copy of the application must also be sent by email to the Head of the Department along with scanned copies of relevant documents.
- The research proposal must contain a detailed description of the research problem that the student wishes to work on, along with a brief introduction to the problem, the proposed work plan, and the expected outcome of the project work.
The selected students should be present in the campus for a minimum of 30 days from 26th May 2014 - 12th July 2014. A stipend of Rs.100/- per day will be paid to each student during the internship. Allowance for food, at a rate decided by the Dean(R&C), will be provided separately. The Interns will be provided access to the Central Library and the Central Computer Center, at NITK. Accommodation will be provided to the students in NITK Hostels.
- Closing date for receipt of applications by Heads of Department at NITK is 12th May 2014.
- Date of announcement of selected students by HOD’s at NITK is 19th May 2014.
For further details and queries, please go through the college official website www.nitk.ac.in