MD (Anaesthesia, Anatomy, Pathology, Pulmonary Medicine, Microbiology, Psychiatry and T.M.)
M.S. (Gynae, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, ENT).
The total number of seats for admission in the year 2016 is 22, which are divided equally into All India Pool and U.T. Pool as following:
1. All India Pool (11 Seats): In compliance of the Supreme Court decision, 50% of total number of seats are reserved for All India Pool.
2. U.T. Pool (11 Seats): The 50% of total number of seats are reserved for students who have passed their MBBS examination from Medical Institutions of Union Territory, Chandigarh.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION
Selection of students for admission shall be made as under:
All India Pool (11 Seats):
The screening test for All India Pool shall be conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and candidates will be allocated to the Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh as per their preference in order of merit by the Director General of Health Services, Delhi.
U.T. Pool (11 Seats):
The Postgraduate Entrance Examination for U.T. Pool shall be conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh as per notification issued by the Chandigarh Administration. The students shall be admitted as per their preference in order of merit in the Entrance Test.
Eligibility conditions for U.T. Pool:
1. The students must have qualified their MBBS examination from Medical Institutions of Union Territory, Chandigarh.
2. Candidate should have completed internship satisfactorily before the last date of application for PG Entrance Examination.
3. However, for MD (Anatomy), Candidates who have worked as demonstrator in Anatomy for one year or more in GMCH are also eligible to apply for MD (Anatomy) only as General Category departmental candidates but they will also have to appear in the Entrance Examination and compete with other candidates.
The Prospectus (including Application Form) will be available for sale w.e.f. 17.12.2016 (Thursday) as under:
A) BY HAND
on payment of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000/- in case of SC candidates), in CASH, from Post Office, Sector-14, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
B) BY REGISTERED POST,
on payment of Rs. 2100/- (Rs. 1100/- in case of SC candidates) through Bank Draft only favoring THE REGISTRAR PANJAB UNIVERISTY, CHANDIGARH payable at Chandigarh to be sent to the Manager Publication Bureau, P.U., Chandigarh so as to reach him latest by 04-01-2016 (Monday). Last date for receipt of completed applications in the CET Cell, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall (Near Post Office) Panjab University Chandigarh is 15.01.2016 (Friday) upto 4.00 p.m.
Last date for receipt of Application Form for Entrance Test - 15.01.2016 (Friday) Up to 4.00 p.m.
Date of Entrance Test : 07.02.2016 (Sunday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon