Part Time M.Ed. Admissions at BHU Varanasi
DURATION OF WORKING DAYS :
The M. Ed. (Part-time) two semester will be of two years duration, each year being of 90 working days. The classes will be conducted during summer vacation and holidays.
Teachers, educational administrators and other functionaries connected with office administration, research, curriculum material development, policy making, teacher education, etc., with at least two years of service experience after B.Ed. along with the following educational qualifications are eligible for admission:
1. Post Graduate / Under Graduate degree under 10+2+3 pattern.
2. B. Ed. / B. Ed. (Special) securing a minimum of 50% marks in theory.
3. Two years service experience after B.Ed. / LT as on 28.02.2010 (Certificate to be attached).
NUMBER OF SEATS :
25 (Reservation as per University Rules)
The Candidate will have to pay Rs. 30,000/- plus usual fees applicable for M. Ed
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications will be invited through advertisement in leading newspapers the format of the application form can be downloaded from BHU website www.bhu.ac.in. The last date for submitting application form in complete is 28.02.2010. The application should be accompanied with Bank Draft of Rs. 600/- in favour of Registrar, Banaras Hindu University, payable at State Bank of India BHU (Code – 0211) Branch. Application should be submitted in the office of Dean, Faculty of Education.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
Admission will be made on the basis of academic merit index. The merit will be prepared on the basis of index computed with the help of the formula given below:
Academic Index : M = 45(X1 +0.4 x X2+0.3 x X3) / 100
Where M = Marks for the academic index
X1 = Percentage of marks obtained at the Under Graduate Examination
i.e. Percentage of theory of B. Ed. / B. Ed. (Special)
X2 = Percentage of marks obtained at the Intermediate / Higher Secondary
X3 = Percentage of marks obtained at the High School Examination
(Percentage of marks will be calculated up to two decimal places)
However, if two or more candidates obtain similar academic index, the admission will be done on the following basis:
1. The candidate having higher percentage in B. Ed. (Theory) will be considered.
2. (i) If the percentage of B. Ed. theory is same then the candidate having master Degree will be preferred
(ii) If the percentage B. Ed. theory is same and the candidates are having Master Degree also, then academic index will be calculated on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in Master Degree with following formula.
For P. G. Students : M = 45(X4 +0.6 x X1+0.25 x X2 +0.15 x X3) / 100
X4 = Percentage of marks obtained at the P. G. Examination.
3. If the academic indices of candidates are still equal then the admission will be given to person having more years of experience.
4. If all are equal, then the admission will be given to the oldest candidate according to date of birth.
5. For calculation the marks of B. Ed./ B. Ed.-spl from IGNOU or MP Bhoj (Open University)
For IGNOU arrange grade points of theory papers will be calculated according to given formula:
Y = -62.5+99.167X – 30X2 +3.333X3
X = Cumulative Grade Points (CGPA)
Y = Equivalent percentage in respected of above grade point
For M. P. (Bhoj) only marks of first nine theory papers will be considered
Experience should be checked whether it is after B. Ed. of before B. Ed.
IMPORTANT DATES :
Commencement of Availability of the application form: 30.12.2009
Last date for availability of application form from the counter: 30.01.2010
Last date for receipt of complete application form: 28.02.2010
Commencement of classes (Tentative) 01.05.2010