All the eligible and interested candidates are invited by International Institute of Information Technology; Hyderabad (IIIT-H) invites applications for its Post graduate Programme in Computational Linguistics.
M.Phil. , Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics.
Candidates must have Masters in Linguistics/Literature/Social Science.
The research work for Computational Linguistics at IIITH would include:
- Computational Linguistic Models - For Indian languages and English
- Study of Indian Grammatical Tradition and Development of English Tools
- Linguistic Resource Development
- Building Machine Translation Systems
Selection of candidates for admission includes a written test, which also depends on Personal interview.
How to apply
- Institute has given facility to apply through online.
- For apply candidates have to go to the institution website.
Major Research work at IIIT-H Computational Linguistic Models
- For Indian languages and English
Study of Indian Grammatical Tradition Development of English Tools
- Morphological Analysers
- Part of Speech Taggers
- Syntatic Parsers
- Semantic relation identifier, etc.
Linguistic Resource Development
- Syntactic Treebank
- Discourse Treebank
- Electronic Dictionaries, etc.
Building Machine Translation Systems
- Indian langs. Indian Langs.
- Indian languages English
Last date for submission of application: June 7, 2014.
The written test will be conducted at on June 23, 2014.
Written Exam Centre: IIIT Hyderabad
For more details information about the admission and admission procedure candidates can visit the Official website at http://admissions.iiit.ac.in/cl_ling/.
Address for Communication
CL Program Admissions (Linguistics background)
Language Technologies Research Centre
Hyderabad - 500 032