Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme is offered by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee for the academic year 2016.
About IIT, Roorkee:
The Institute was established in the year 1847. Indian Institute of Technology - Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
Procedure to apply:
- Candidates have to apply online by visiting the official website of the institute www.iitr.ac.in
Ph. D Programmes are offered by IIT, Roorkee are as follows:
- Alternate Hydro-Energy Centre
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Management Studies
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Paper Technology
- Water Resources Development & Management.
- Candidate should have completed M.E/M. Tech/ M. SC in relevant disciplines with minimum of 60% marks from any of the recognized university.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the NET/GATE, Written Test and Personal Interview conducted by the institute.
- Closing date for the submission of application form is 27th September 2016.
Chairman, PG Admission 2016,
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,
Roorkee - 247667,
Phone- 01332 - 284010.