IIT Mandi (Indian Institute of technology) Mandi has invited the applications for the admissions to the full time M.S/PhD programmes in the following schools
School of Computing and Electrical Engineering
· Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning/Cognitive Modeling); Human-Computer Interaction; Game Theory; Judgment and Decision Making
· Medical Image analysis; 3D Computer Vision with optical and/or range cameras; and learning problems in Computer Vision
· Programming Languages and Compiler Technology
· Optical core and access networks; Optical signal processing; Energy aware optical network
· Power Electronic Systems for Solar Photovoltaic Applications
· Meta-Materials for Spintronic Devices
· VLSI fabrication & design; Nanoelectronics
· Pattern recognition, kernel methods and machine learning techniques for speech technology and computer vision
School of Engineering
· Condensed Matter Physics and Material Science for Ph.D.
· All areas in Mechanical Engineering for M.S.
School of Basic Sciences
· Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
· Atomic and Molecular Physics
· Inorganic Chemistry
· Physical Chemistry, Physics of nanomaterials
· Plasmonics nano-antenna, nano-photovoltaic, nano photonics
· Nano-biotechnology, Nano drug delivery
· Protein folding dynamics using single molecule FRET
· Electronic structure studies
· Computational fluid dynamics and numerical analysis
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
· Public policy (with environmental focus) and Cognitive science
· German Studies
· Political Philosophy
· History, Transnational history and Anthropology
· Identity and group behavior, Organization Behavior, Political psychology
The eligibility criteria
1. The candidates with the master degree in Engineering/Technology with the good academic records or the master degree by research in the engineering/technology disciplines with the good academic record.
2.The candidates with the master degree in science with the good academic record and of the exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant engineering discipline and with the valid GATE score or the UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or should have the equivalent qualification in the relevant area
for the year of the registration.
3. Candidates who have qualified for the award of the bachelor degree in Engineering/technology with good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for the direct admission to the PhD program as the regular full time scholar subject to the following conditions1.B.Tech degree from one of the IITs with the minimum CGPA of 8.9 on a 10.0 point scale.
Bachelor degree in the engineering/technology from any other university and having the valid GATE score
3.The Bachelor degree holder in Engineering and technology, serving for two years or more in the reputed R and D organization and having the proven research record.Should have Master's degree in science with the good academic record with a valid GATE Score or the UGC/CSIR NET/Master's degree in Engineering/Technology with the good academic record.
B.tech degree of any IIT with the minimum of CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or with the valid GATE score or B.tech/B.E degree of any recognized university in India with minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or equivalent with the valid GATE score.
Humanities and Social Sciences
Master degree in an eligible discipline with the good academic record and should have passed UGCNET.
The School of Humanities and Social science, IT Mandi seeks the applications for the PhD programme, mostly in the following areas
1. Public policy and the cognitive science
2. German Studies
3. Political Philosophy
4. History, transnational history and Anthropology
5. History and the group behavior, organization behavior and the political psychology.
The Last date to apply is November 26th 2016.The candidates who are interested can fill the application form through online.