As per the notifications from The University of Calcutta, applications for its PhD program in Computer Science and Engineering 2015. The degree Doctor of Philosophy is being offered by the Faculty of Technology for the coming session. The candidates who are interested and eligible in the above mentioned program can apply online as per the format given below.
- The interested candidate is expected to have qualified in any one of the mentioned programs – M.E, M.Tech, B.Tech, or B.E. The qualifying degree should be in the Computer Science and engineering only.
- Interested candidates with an MCA degree are also eligible to apply.
- If the interested candidate is in his or her final year for any of the above mentioned programs then he or she is also eligible to apply. However, if any candidate from the mentioned category is selected then he or she is expected to complete his qualification before the enrollment.
Application Procedure: The candidates who interested and eligible as per the above mentioned criteria then he or she may apply for the respective program online by downloading an application form from the official website of the University – www.caluniv.ac.in. The respective application should send after completion to the ‘'Head, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Calcutta Block JD, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata- 700098'.
Application fee: Students who are applying for the respective program are expected to pay the prescribed fee of Rs 100 at the cash counter of the University. Prior to the payment the challan had to be endorsed by the HOD (Head of the Department).
Selection Procedure: A written test will be conducted along with a Research and ability Test (RET) and a PI (Personal Interview), based on which the candidates will be selected. If the interested candidate has qualified in any one of the following tests, then he or she will be exempted from the written test – M.Phil, SLET, or SET. These candidates can appear directly in the Personal Interview round.
- Deadline for submitting the application form along with a copy of the challan is 14th August, 2015.
- The Written Test is scheduled to be conducted on 12th September, 2015.
- Candidates who will clear the written test will be invited for the personal interview round on 6th October, 2015 and 7th October, 2015.