Pondicherry Engineering College - PG Admission Notification 2016

Pondicherry Engineering College - PG Admission Notification 2016

Pondicherry Engineering College invites application from eligible candidates for PG courses for the academic year 2016. The admission notification is issued for the Master of Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Master of Philosophy and Master of Science courses offered at the college and government quota seats for the Master of Technology, Master of Computer Applications and Master of Business Administration courses offered by the Private Self-Financing Colleges. Here is the list of courses for which applications are invited and the corresponding number of seats available:

Number of seats and courses:

  • MCA – 30
  • M. Tech in
    • Structural Engineering - 24
    • Energy Technology - 17
    • Electronics and Communication Engineering - 17
    • Distributed Computing Systems - 25
    • Electrical Devices and Control - 25
    • Environmental Engineering - 18
    • Information Security – 18
    • M. Phil in Physics (Material Science) – 04
    • M. Sc in Physics (Material Science & Technology) – 10

Self-financing courses:

  • M. Tech in
    • Product design and manufacturing – 18
    • Wireless Communication – 18
    • Information Technology – 24
    • Instrumentation Engineering – 24

Eligibility:

Applicants can find details about the eligibility requirement for the above-mentioned courses from the information bulletin that can be obtained along with application.

Admission procedure:

MCA: Selection will be on the basis of merit list in CET 2016 prepared by the Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) – MCA. The number of seats for this course under Pondicherry quota is 23 and other states is 7.

M. Tech: On the total number of seats, 75% will be filled by the candidates from the Union Territory of Pondicherry and the remaining 25% of seats are reserved for candidates from other states and UTs in India.

You Must Read:
Find the Details of All Entrance Exams
Read the CAT Exam Details: Exam Date, Result, Application form
Find the Information of JEE Advanced
Sc in Physics (Material Science & Technology) – 10

Self-financing courses:

  • M. Tech in
    • Product design and manufacturing – 18
    • Wireless Communication – 18
    • Information Technology – 24
    • Instrumentation Engineering – 24

Eligibility:

Applicants can find details about the eligibility requirement for the above-mentioned courses from the information bulletin that can be obtained along with application.

Admission procedure:

MCA: Selection will be on the basis of merit list in CET 2016 prepared by the Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) – MCA. The number of seats for this course under Pondicherry quota is 23 and other states is 7.

M. Tech: On the total number of seats, 75% will be filled by the candidates from the Union Territory of Pondicherry and the remaining 25% of seats are reserved for candidates from other states and UTs in India. Admission will be based on GATE score for government/government sponsored colleges. If GATE qualified applicants are not available, the seats will be filled by non-GATE candidates on the basis of the entrance test to be conducted by the CENTAC for PG Admissions.

M. Phil & M. Sc: Admission will be on the basis of merit in the entrance test conducted by CENTAC – PG.

MBA: Selection will be based on the merit list prepared by CENTAC – MBA. The number of seats under government quota and private self-financing colleges will be announced at the time of counseling as per government directions. For admission to MBA course, only residents of Pondicherry are eligible to apply.

Entrance exams for 2016:

The entrance test will be conducted by CENTAC on the following dates:

  • For M. Tech, M. Phil and M. Sc – 18th of July (FN and AN)
  • For MBA – 19th of July 2016 between 10am and 12 noon
  • For MCA - 19th of July 2016 between 2pm and 4pm

Procedure for applying:

Prospective applicants can get the application form along with information booklet from the engineering college in person on all working days on or after 8th of June 2016. The fee to be paid towards the form and booklet is Rs.1030 and Rs.530 for SC/ST candidates. Application forms can also be obtained by post by sending a crossed DD for Rs.1065. Even, candidates can download the application. Last date for submission of application through post is 3rd of July 2016.

.

Study Abroad is A good opportunity for Bright Career, To Know More Read the following:
All Important Entrance Exams for Study Abroad
Get to Know All Details about GMAT
Find the Important Details About GRE

Ask our Counsellors


Comments

0 # Vivaan Older than three months
I am from Kozhikode, I have scored 82 percentile in CAT this year. Please let me know the colleges where i can get admission
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Mukesh Older than three months
Hii, for finding it you can go through mock counselling , please visit here- mock counselling, you can also get good college in Kozhikode.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote