THAPAR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION NOTIFICATION-2014
Thapar University, formerly Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, was founded in 1956 by Karam Chand Thapar and is situated in Patiala. Thapar University is today recognized among the leading privately managed grant-in-aid engineering institutions of the country and the best of its kind in the north-western region of India. Thapar University is at the B++ level among the deemed universities with institutional score of 82%.
Thapar University invites admission for UG and PG Courses for the year 2016. The courses offered are
- UG Courses
- PG Courses
- 1. B. Tech Programme
- Bio Technology
- 2. BE Programme
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- 3. MCA Programme
- M. Sc Programme
- M. Sc in Biotechnology
- M. Sc in Chemistry
- M. Sc in Mathematics & Computing
- M. Sc in Physics
- M. Phil in Psycology
- M. Phil in Economics
- Ph. D
- Admissions are made on the basis of merit of the entrance exam of the respective Programmes.
- The first list of the candidates as per the merit in the entrance exam will be displayed in the university website.
- These selected candidates have to deposit the total fee with in the last date without failure.
- Along with list of selected candidates, another list of probable candidates shall be published. These probable candidates shall express the intent of joining the programme by depositing the amount of Rs.10000/- by the prescribed last date of the University.
- Only those candidates who deposit the amount within the last date shall be considered merit wise and subject to availability of seats.
- In 2nd/ 3rd list of selected candidates and applications of remaining candidates in probable candidate list can be treated as rejected.
For more details and queries one can log on to the official website www.tiet.ac.in
P. B No-32,
Phone: 0175- 2393001, 0175- 2363007