Thapar University, Patiala invites applications for its Post Matric Scholarship programme for SC and OBC students for the academic year 2016. Thapar University (TU) was established on 8 October 1956 as an Engineering college named Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. They strive to maintain an environment that encourages scholarly inquiry and research, a spirit of creative independence and a deep commitment to academic excellence.
Procedure to apply
Students can apply online by visiting the official website of the university.
Post-graduate and undergraduate programs offers in:
- Management and Social Sciences
Eligibility for Scholarship:
Candidates of the Scheduled Caste candidates whose family income does not exceed Rs. 2.5 lac are eligible for the Post Matric Scholarship.
Following Certificates required:
Students, who wish to apply and find themselves eligible for the above scholarship, are advised to bring the following certificates at the time of admission.
- Caste Certificate
- Affidavit for family income
- Residence certificate of Punjab
- Death certificate, in case of death of father
How to apply:
- Candidates have to register themselves in the official website of the university.
- After making the registration, student shall take the print out and should submit the same to University address.
Address for Communication:
Amarjit Singh Puri in the office of Dean of students' Affairs
(Room No. - L106),
If Students wants some information regarding the same can go through the detailed notification, available at university's website.
Last date to apply: 20th August, 2016