University of Jammu has invited online applications from eligible candidates for the two-year B. Ed course. This notification is issued for admission to the non-government University of Jammu has invited online applications from eligible candidates for the two-year B. Ed course. This notification is issued for admission to the non-government colleges that are affiliated to the university.
Eligibility for admission:
Candidates, who have passed their UG degree in 10+2+3 pattern or even PG degree holders with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply. The graduation or PG can be obtained in any of the faculties like commerce, social sciences, sciences, arts, fine arts and music from the same university or from any other university recognized as equivalent thereto. Even candidates with four-year graduation in the faculty of agriculture from a recognized university can also apply.
How to apply online?
Students interested in applying can apply online through the website of the university. Once, they submit online application, they should take the print out of the same and they should pay the application fee with the help of deposit challan generated by the system in any branches of SBI, Axis Bank, HDFC or Jammu & Kashmir Bank Limited. Applicants can also pay through credit/debit card, e-banking card with the help of online payment option, while completion of the form. When the applicants fail to pay the application fee, their application will remain cancelled.
- The online application is open from the 28th of July 2015 and the fee of Rs.1650 can be paid from this date.
- The last date to submit online application is 9th of August 2015
- Last date for deposit of Rs.1650 in authorized bank is 10th of August 2015.
- Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.350, which means total of Rs.2000 (1650+350) is 13th of August 2015.
- Last date for deposit of fee in bank along with late fee is 14th of August 2015 up to 4pm.
- Merit list of shortlisted candidates will be published on 15th of August 2015.
- Local candidates can download the allotment letters along with admission fee paid challan and should report to the appropriate colleges allotted to them along with all original documents and fee deposit challan from 17th of August to 24th of August 2015 upto 4pm
- Merit list of non-local candidates will be available on the website of the university on the 25th of August 2015 and they will have to visit the appropriate allocated colleges between 26th and 31st of August along with fee paid challan, original documents and allotment letter downloaded.
On the basis of the merit secured by candidates in the qualifying examination, admission shall be made through online counseling. When allocating college seat, the college preference given by candidates in the application will be taken into consideration. Candidates will not get any separate intimation or notification regarding counseling or admission and so they are recommended to keep checking the website of the university and they are also recommended to check their email account as well.