Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani is a premier Institution of scientific and technological studies in India having a status of Deemed University under the UGC Act. The institute offers various Integrated First Degree programmes at its Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. For admission into these programmes BITS, Pilani conducts an all-India entrance test popularly known as BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) every year. BITSAT is a computer based online entrance test and first of its kind in India.
BITS, Pilani along with Goa and Hyderabad campus offer Integrated First Degree programmes to candidates who successfully qualify BITSAT. The programmes offered are mentioned below.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons.)
- Master of Science (Hons.)
- Master of Science (Tech.)
To appear in BITSAT candidates should fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together in 12th examination and at least 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- They should have adequate proficiency in English.
- Students who are appearing for 12th examination in the current year or who have passed in previous year only are eligible to appear in BITSAT.
- Students who have passed 12th examination year before previous year or earlier are not eligible.
- Students who are presently studying at any of the BITS campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT.
- Besides, first rank students having Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 system/equivalent from all central and state boards are given direct admission irrespective of their BITSAT score.
- BITSAT is a single-stage on-line entrance test of 3 hours duration.
- The test is offered to candidates on computers at dedicated computer centers at different cities spread across India.
- BITSAT is held over a period of time and candidates can choose the center, the day and time of their convenience to take the test.
- The test consists of objective type (multiple choices) questions only.
- The test consists of four parts of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning.
- The question paper contains 150 questions - 40 each of Physics and Chemistry, 45 of Mathematics, 15 of English Proficiency and 10 of Logical Reasoning
- There is negative marking for wrong answers.
BITSAT is conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. Candidates are advised to go through the detail content in the aforesaid NCERT text books. The detailed syllabus is given below:
Algebra; Trigonometry; Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry; Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry; Differential calculus; Integral calculus; Ordinary Differential Equations; Probability; Vectors; Statistics; Linear Programming.
Units & Measurement; Kinematics; Newton's Laws of Motion; Impulse and Momentum; Work and Energy; Rotational Motion; Gravitation; Mechanics of Solids and Fluids; Oscillations; Waves; Heat and Thermodynamics; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Magnetic Effect of Current; Electromagnetic Induction; Optics; Modern Physics
States of Matter; Atomic Structure; Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure; Thermodynamics; Physical and Chemical Equilibria; Electrochemistry; Chemical Kinetics; Hydrogen and s-block elements; p- d- and f-block elements; Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons; Stereochemistry; Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen; Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry; Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry.
Grammar; Vocabulary; Reading Comprehension; Composition
Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning.
|Study Abroad is A good opportunity for Bright Career, To Know More Read the following:|
|All Important Entrance Exams for Study Abroad|
|Get to Know All Details about GMAT|
|Find the Important Details About GRE|