Delhi University Pre-Medical Test (DPMT) or University of Delhi Medical/Dental Entrance Test (DUMET) is an all-India entrance test to select students for admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered by several medical colleges under University of Delhi.
Candidates who qualify the DPMT/DUMET can seek admission into under-graduate courses in medical science offered by several institutes under Delhi University. Generally, MBBS and BDS courses are followed by 1 year of internship.
- 5 yrs M.B.B.S. Degree
- 5 yrs B.D.S Degree
Candidates aspire to appear DPMT/DUMET must fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidates must have passed the 12th class examination under 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from a recognised school situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Candidates must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- Passing of the qualifying examination from a school situated in NCT, Delhi however, is not applicable to female candidates belonging to SC/ST/CWWAPP (Children, Widows & Wives of Armed & Para Military Personnel) category.
The DPMT/DUMET is a single stage entrance test for admission into medical collages under University of Delhi.
- The DPMT/DUMET test consists of two papers.
- Paper I contains two sections of Physics and Chemistry.
- Paper II contains two sections of Botany and Zoology.
- Each paper is of 2½ hours duration containing multiple-choice objective type questions of maximum 600 marks.
DPMT/DUMET test has two papers having extensive but undefined syllabus.
- Paper I: Physics & Chemistry
- Paper II: Botany & Zoology