The Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is a part of one of the premier universities of the world, the University of Delhi. FMS is one of the pioneer institutes in India offering several management courses. Though FMS accepts CAT and GMAT scores, it conducts its own entrance test (FMS Entrance Test) for admission into various management programmes offered by it.
- 2-year Full Time MBA
- 2-year Full Time MBA MS (Management of Services)
- 3-year Part Time MBA
- 3-year Part Time MBA HCA (Health Care Administration)
The eligibility criteria are same for both the full-time programmes: MBA & MBA MS:
- Candidates must have pursued 3-year Bachelor's Degree programme after twelve years of formal schooling in any of the disciplines.
- Candidates should have minimum requisite percentage of marks: Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences- 50%, Sciences- 55%, Mathematics or Statistics- 60%, Medicine, Engineering or Technology- 60% / CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10. OR have a Post Graduate Degree after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60%marks.
- In case of SC/ST/OBC/PH/CW candidates relaxation of 5% marks is allowed.
- Candidates must have attained minimum age of 20 years.
- Candidates in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Graduate Degree are eligible to apply for the Entrance Test on condition that they provide evidence of passing the qualifying exam at the time of admission.
Eligibility criteria for Part-Time MBA are as follows:
- Candidates should have passed a bachelor's degree examination with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
- Relaxation of marks are made for those who scored more than 55% marks in aggregate in their PG degree or at least 60% in a Diploma in Personnel Management, Diploma in Sales & Marketing or Diploma in Administrative Management of Delhi University conducted by FMS in earlier years.
- Candidates should have at least three years experience as an executive or an administrator.
- Candidates must be sponsored by their present employer.
Eligibility criteria for part time MBA HCA are as follows:
- Candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree Examination in Medicine/ equivalent.
- They should have at least five years of experience in Hospital Administration.
- Candidate must be sponsored by their present employer.
- There is no entrance test for this programme and selection is made on the basis of candidate's eligibility and interview performance.
- FMS conducts separate test for its Full-time (MBA & MBA MS) and Part-time (MBA) courses.
- This is a multiple choice objective type tests of 2-hours duration.
- The admission test comprise of basic areas like Quantitative ability, Verbal ability, English comprehension and Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning.
- On the basis of their performance in the test, they will be called for an interview, an ex-tempore and a group discussion.
There is no prescribed syllabus for DU's FMS admission test. However, the FMS admission test usually comprises the following basic areas:
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning