Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry/Puduchery, conducts an all-India entrance test (JIPMER-MBBS) for admission into the first year of MBBS course. Usually, JIPMER admits 75 students to the MBBS courses each year.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Students seeking to appear JIPMER-MBBS should fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (+2) under 10+2+3 pattern.
- Candidates must have secured 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- Candidates should have attended the minimum age of 17 years.
- Student should be an Indian national.
JIPMER conducts entrance examination on all India basis and only merit in the JIPMER-MBBS Entrance Examination is the criterion for selection to MBBS course.
- The examination consists of 200 multiple choice objective type questions.
- There are equal number of questions from each section of English, Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answer.
The syllabus for JIPMER-MBBS Entrance Examination is based on the pattern followed by the CBSE and other boards for 11th and 12th standard. The question paper consists of the following sections.