Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria for appearing NIMCET:
* Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree of Full Time 3 years duration from a recognized University.
* Candidates should have secured at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA in Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics as one of the subjects in any one semester/year, both in graduation and at 10+2 level.
* For SC/ST candidates the percentage of marks required is 55% (6.0/10 CGPA).
* Those candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examinations are also eligible to appear for the test on condition that, they have to furnish proof of having passed in the qualifying examination with 60% marks, at the time of admission.
* Indian nationals only are eligible to appear for the NIMCET.
* NIMCET is a multiple choice objective type test of 2½ hours duration having maximum 480 marks.
* Candidates have to mark the correct responses in the OMR sheets.
* The test consists of 120 objective type questions each carrying equal marks.
* These 120 multiple choice questions can be divided into four sections as mentioned below:
1. Mathematics (40 questions)
2. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning (50 questions)
3. Computer Awareness (15 questions)
4. General English (15 questions)
* There is negative marking for wrong answer.
The NIMCET syllabus is very general and extensive covering the following areas.
* Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
* Computer Awareness
* General English