Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under its School of Management Studies (SOMS) every year holds an all-India entrance test (OPENMAT) for admission into its various distance-learning management programmes. In terms of the spread and enrolment, the IGNOU Management Programme is one of the leading Management Programmes in the world.
Candidates who successfully qualify the OPENMAT can seek admission to these following courses.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
- To appear OPENMAT candidates should have any of the following qualifications:
1. Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of supervisory / managerial / professional experience.
2. Candidates should have a Professional Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine / Architecture / Law / Pharmacy.
3. Candidates should have a Professional Qualifications in Accountancy / Cost and Works Accountancy / Company Secretaryship.
4. Candidates should have a Master's degree in any subject.
- For Diploma in Management (DIM), a candidate should have any of the above said qualification or be a Non-graduates (10+2 or its equivalent) with 6 years of supervisory/managerial/professional experience.
- There is no age bar for any of the Programmes.
- OPENMAT Entrance Examinations of the IGNOU are held twice a year.
- Candidates who qualified the OPENMAT are eligible to take admission into Management Programme in any of the two subsequent semesters.
- The test is of 3 - hour duration containing 200 objective-type multiple choice questions.
- The question booklet contains the following sections:
- General Awareness: 30 questions (30 marks)
- English Language: 50 questions (50 marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude: 50 questions (50 marks)
- Reasoning: 70 questions (70 marks)
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
There is no defined syllabus for IGNOU OPENMAT. However, the whole test consists of following sections.
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
Contact AddressWebsite: www.ignou.ac.in