Applicants who are showing interest in doing a Ph.D. or M.Sc. (Engg) degree programme at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). IISc has been announced that fellowships will be awarded to the most promising students who are selected for admission to one of these programmes.
Basic eligibility criteria:
- Fellowship is only those who are not citizens of India and are not persons of Indian origin are eligible to apply for admission through this mechanism.
- Indian citizens i.e. those holding an Indian passport (whether residing in India or abroad) need to apply through the regular admission process.
- In a Similar way, persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports can apply for admission through the regular process of admission for Indian citizens provided they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. In addition, they are required to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.
- Foreign students are eligible to apply only for a Ph.D. programme or a M.Sc. (Engg) programme.
- But they are not eligible to apply for an integrated Ph.D. programme, ME/MTech programme, the undergraduate programme etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Individual Programmes
For Ph.D. programme:
- Master’s degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline.
For M.Sc. (Engineering) programme:
- IISc wants Four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline.
Complete the online application form
Required useful documents:
- Degree certificate (if available)
- Three recommendation letters from persons familiar with the academic credentials of the candidate.
Optional (to be reported if available): GRE scores.
There is no application fee required to pay for the applicants.
Each and every applicant can select a maximum of 3 Departments/Centres.
Applications form should be submitted online before January 31, 2015.
After ensuring entire of your application form, International Relations Cell (IRC) will forward it to the appropriate Departments/Centres.
Students will be shortlisted by a Department and a Departmental Committee will interview you using the web or the telephone.
If applicants are selected for a programme at the IISc, IRC will ensure your admission through offer letters by end of April, 2015.
Applicants are required to join the Institute by August 1, 2015 after completing all the necessary formalities.
- If candidates are selected, you will be offered hostel accommodation and a fellowship by IISc.
- The fellowship amount will be equal to that offered to Indian students.
- This fellowship is usually enough to pay tuition fees, hostel and mess fees and cover applicant’s living expenses.
Issue offer letter: End of April, 2015
Joining of institute: 1, August, 2015
Last date to apply online: 31 January, 2015
For any query, please contact email@example.com
An applicant who wants more information regarding admission and eligibility criteria can go through the official website.