Presently, many students pursue online programmes to continue their studies. This is one of the most preferred ways of continuing education with your job. Online education is boon for those students who left their regular studies due to various reasons. Those students who are not able to spend lots of money on their education to pursue their studies in any foreign university, they pursue online degree from foreign university. But during your online studies students make various mistakes, which proved fatal for their future. In that case students lost their money as well as their precious time. Here are some common mistakes students do during their programmes:
- Not checking out the acceptance of degree: Nowadays, many students pursue their degree from various foreign universities without realising that the degree carries any value in their own degree or not. If that degree does not hold any value in your country, than it is total wastage of time and money. So before applying to any college to pursue your online degree first know either it is accepted by Indian organisations or not.
- Know the duration of the programme in advance: Before applying to any programmes first know the duration of the programme. Try to know how much time that course required in a week/fortnightly or monthly because there are many foreign universities which require lots of work and papers to be submitted on weekly bases. So try to find out all time slabs before applying.
- Understand the requirements of programme: Before applying to any programme first know what kind of programme it is. You should understand what kind of training and exposure you require to complete that programme. If that programme requires practical training or face-to-face interaction for better understanding of concepts than pursuing that course through online mode would be wastage of time and money.
- Do you have access to latest technology: It is really necessary that you have access to all kind of technology which you require to complete your programme. If you do not have computer at home or have limited or slow internet connection than you are more likely to face problems during your assignments and submitting them. You must be computer savvy and have sound knowledge of Microsoft Word or Excel formats.
- Do not copy the text from other sites: Most of the time students feel that as this is online programme so you can copy the text from other websites to complete your assignments and projects. If you are doing so than there are high chances that your assignments and projects would be rejected from university as most the universities use various software to check the originality of the text submitted.
- Preparing assignments and projects on last minute: Many students prepare projects and assignments on last minute thinking that this is online programme and do not requires much preparation and research work. Many online programmes in foreign universities require students to connect with other students through online and prepare joint projects. In such situations students can face many problems. Therefore, you should be always ready with study material and things.