If you are an ardent fan of Indian cricket, you might not be having a great interest towards New Zealand as the Indian cricket team was recently thrashed mercilessly by their fellow cricketers from the country of kiwis. But, if you aim at doing a hotel management course in a foreign destination, the best thing you can do is to consider New Zealand as the choice. Here are some of the reasons for the same:
Why do hotel management courses from this country?
- Courses are taught in English
- The people of this nation are peace-loving and the nation has a strong Asian emigrant community
- The courses in this country are less expensive when compared to popular study abroad destinations of Indian students USA and the UK.
- NZ is turning out one among the top growing tourism destinations.
- For providing the best hotel management education, most of the institutions in NZ run and operate restaurants for providing on-the-job training to the students.
- On successful completion of the course, students can find a wide range of employment opportunities as well in NZ.
Here are the details about the institutions that offer hotel management, hospitality and tourism courses in this nation:
Auckland University of Technology:
This university shortly called as AUT is one of the premier universities in the country and it is known for its state-of-the-art learning facilities and quality of teaching. The Department of Hospitality of AUT offers a wide range of courses like those mentioned below:
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality Management
- Master of International Hospitality Management
- Master of Philosophy and
- Ph. D
The Bachelor of International Hospitality Management shortened as BIHM is the specialized hospitality degree in this nation and it is widely recognized by the industry and the top hospitality operators of the country also acclaims this course.
University of Waikato:
Under the category of universities under 50 years of age, this university holds the 46th position among world universities. This university offers Bachelor of Management Studies and Bachelor of Tourism. The course include modules in a wide range of arenas like entrepreneurship in tourism and hospitality, tourism and hospitality control and decision making, food and beverage management, accommodation management, etc.
University of Otago:
This university offers minor is hospitality and this course can be taken by students doing Bachelor of Tourism course from the university and this can be the ideal choice for those interested in finding a job in the hotel/hospitality management industry. Not only students taking up tourism course, this minor can also be taken by students enrolled in other degree courses as they can gain an introduction to business operations in the tourism sector.
Pacific International Hotel Management School (PIHMS):
New Plymouth is the popular tourism destination in NZ and this city is the home for the PIHMS. Courses offered by this school are:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel management
- Bachelor of Applied Hospitality & Tourism management
The other popular institute for hotel management is the NZMA.