Even though, many Indian students have the dream and vision to study abroad, their financial situation prevents them from opting for higher studies in foreign nations. This is why they look for some sort of financial help either in the form of educational loan or scholarship to study abroad and get their dream degree from a foreign nation come true. This is where they can get financial help from the J.N. Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme that offers loan scholarships only for higher studies abroad. Here are some details in this regard:
J.N. Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme details:
As mentioned earlier, it is meant for higher education in foreign nations only. The amount offered ranges from Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 6,00,000. The amount to be offered for the each applicant will be decided on the basis of the norms and the money offered will not cover the full cost of studies. It is not necessary that the applicants must qualify for the maximum amount. Applicants selected for the scholarship may also qualify for a gift scholarship from the Jamsetji Tata Trust and also a travel allowance from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. However, these allowances will be decided on the basis of the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned trusts. The gift scholarships may amount for up to Rs.10, 00,000/-
The uniqueness of this scholarship can be understood from the transparency and flexibility associated with the programme. This programme is open for candidates falling under the categories mentioned below:
- All Indian nationals irrespective of their caste, creed, community, geographical location, gender and socio-economic background.
- Scholars pursuing full-time higher education in different fields and areas of studies.
- Candidates pursuing higher education abroad regardless of the type of course or training programme they are undertaking.
- This scholarship will be offered only for Indian nationals
- Applicants must be graduates from a recognized Indian University and they should also have consistently good academic records
- Candidates waiting for their final year results or those doing their final year degree course.
- Academicians, who are in the middle of their career and wish to go abroad for further specialized training.
How to apply to the scholarship?
Applications for this programme are invited once in a year and candidates can find advertisement in leading Indian newspapers during the month of December ever year. Here are the details for 2015:
- The application form in prescribed format can be obtained from the office of the J.N. Tata Endowment at Fort Mumbai. It is available from the 8th of December 2014 and will be available until the 16th of February 2015.
- Interested candidates can get the application form either personally on payment of Rs. 100 or they can get the same by sending a request by DD or Money order for this amount drawn in favor of the J.N. Tata Endowment with the name of the applicant, contact number and address.
- Duly filled in application form with appropriate copies of certificates should reach the office before the 9th of March 2015.
- The selected candidates will be called for compulsory personal interview that will be conducted by relevant subject-matter experts in the month of March and June for deciding the candidates suitable for the scholarship.