Study in France-What you need to Know?

Study in France-What you need to Know?

Study in France will not only give you an appreciation for French culture, but also a renewed appreciation for your own. French fries-those were invented in Belgium. France gave the United States one of its greatest gifts, the Statue of Liberty. France gave us the camera and the cinema are also invented by France. Each year more than 17000 students were studying in abroad and the ratio of international students is 10% of the college population. The study in France for higher education provides a student good environment to study and excellent teachers. France is one of the best destinations from its food to its art.

Courses to Study in France:

The most popular courses for studying in France are as follows:

  • Agriculture & the Environment
  • Architecture and the Building
  • MBA
  • Arts, Humanities and Social science
  • Business and Management
  • Computing and IT
  • Creative arts, design and communication
  • Engineering
  • English as a second language
  • Hotel, Food and Tourism
  • Health, Medicine and Veterinary
  • Law
  • MBA
  • Sciences

Universities in France:

The most of the universities in France conduct teaching in French. But there are some courses in France that are taught in English it means those students who want to study in France there is no compulsion of knowing French language. Here is the list of universities in France:

Entrance Exam required:

Language test:

  • TCF (Test de Connaissance du français - Test of knowledge of French)
  • Le TEF (Test d’évaluation de français - French assessment test)

Other tests:

1. GMAT:

GMAT is graduate management admission test. This test is conducted in 114 countries and has more than 600 test centres. This test has four sections:

  • Analytical writing assessment
  • Integrated reasoning
  • Quantitative reasoning
  • Verbal reasoning


TOEFL is the test of English as a foreign language. TOEFL is given by those students who want to study in foreign universities. Many government agencies, scholarship programmes and licensing agencies use TOEFL scores to evaluate English proficiency. This test has five sections:

  • Reading
  • Listening
  • Speaking
  • Structure
  • Vocabulary

Application Process:

All the candidates have to submit their copies of documents with the application form. It is mandatory for them. They have to bring their original documents to Edwise offices also. Those students who are from EU country can apply directly to the institution of their choice. The certificates of the previous studies have to be deposited in the institution. It is compulsory for them. Those students who are from the non-EU country cannot apply directly to the institution, they have to apply through the French embassy or consulate in the European country where they are residing.

Fees of the Course:

The fees of the France universities are same for resident students and international students. But the fees of government institutions and private institutions are different. Government institutions charge €181 per year and private institutions charge from €28oo to €9843 according to the courses.

Other Expenses:

The cost of accommodation is different and it depends on the place where students are studying. In case of comparing France is quite costly from other countries.

1-bed city centre apartment –€ 633
1 bed outside city centre apartment – €500
3-bed city centre apartment – €1,200
3 bed outside city centre apartment –€ 900


  • Eiffel Excellence Scholarships

  • IIe-de-France masters scholarships

  • Erasmus Mundus Scholarships programme in France

  • Ecole Normale Superieure International selection

  • Ampere scholarship of excellence at ENS de Lyon

Visa Requirements for Study in France:

Students have to apply for their VISA once the respected institution or school will accept the student. To obtain a student visa one has to submit all the necessary documents regarding the university in which he/she will pursue the concerned program with the details of time duration and also need to validate them. Non-EU students will need to apply for an extended-stay student visa, with residency permit (VLS-TS).

Ask our Counsellors


0 # Vaibhav 2017-09-20
Hii, I am from Parbhani, plz tell me about the eligibility requirement for admission to the B. Ed course?
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Shruti 2017-09-21
This course in Parbhani is offered under different specializations, To get admission to a particular specialization, applicants must have completed their higher secondary in 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 format, Both higher secondary/pre-university and degree must have been obtained from a recognized board and recognized university respectively.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Rohan 2017-09-13
I am from Kollam, plz tell me the time duration of MBBS course in India
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Mukesh 2017-09-14
In India, the present duration of MBBS course is 5.5 years, The actual course period is 4.5 years and one year of rotating internship should be completed, you can find some good MBBS colleges in Kollam-Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham - Kollam
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Nishith 2017-09-06
Hello, i want to get admission in best college in Mandsaur, Also suggest me about the Various streams of
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Mukesh 2017-09-07
Hello Sir, Thankyou for your comment. Please visit Engineering in Mandsaur for best colleges in Mandsaur, Hope you will get best college from the list, Also various major streams in are Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Civil, Computer Science etc.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Himmat Older than three months
I am from Sambalpur, I have scored 82 percentile in CAT this year. Please let me know the colleges where i can get admission
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Shruti Older than three months
Hii, for finding it you can go through mock counselling , please visit here- mock counselling, you can also get good college in Sambalpur.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # ARIF WAQAS Older than three months
I want to study in France B.Tech. Comp Sc.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # ARIF WAQAS Older than three months
Dear Sir,
I am interested in studying in France - B.Tech. Computer Sc. Right now I am in Saudi Arabia with my parents. Kindly guide me my WhatsApp no# is 966 556265980.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote