Ireland is a good location for higher education and for career opportunities. Throughout the last decade, Irish colleges have been promoting their programmes more actively internationally and have been working closely with the International Education Board Ireland (IEBI) and Enterprise Ireland (the Irish Trade and Technology Board) on student recruitment drives aimed both at recruiting undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as post-graduate researchers. In line with the increasing number of international students choosing Ireland as the destination for their studies, institutions are providing more and more opportunities for international postgraduate students to benefit from their world-class expertise and education.
Admission Requirements for Study in Ireland, Irish Universities, Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Procedure for Study in Ireland-
Following is the eligibility criteria for study in ireland for mba, engineering, bachelors, masters and phd programs for getting admission into irish universities:
The admission procedure for Colleges and Universities in Ireland changes every year because the number or seats available varies. If the seats are less then the competition is stiff. Hence the best students make it for the programs.
International students who wish to study in Ireland have two options:
1. The first way is to take the Irish school leaving certificate examination after attending upper secondary school. This path is generally chosen by the majority of the students who take the examination and English language tuitions as well.
2. Other way is to undertake recognized examinations in their home country. It is however essential that before applying for any institution/ university in Ireland, a student must check that their educational qualification is sufficient and meet the entry requirements to prevent hassles in the future.
|Would you like to know about Study Abroad Entrance Exams, Read the below:|
|All Important Entrance Exams for Study Abroad|
|Get to Know All Details about GMAT|
|Find the Important Details About GRE|
It is highly advisable to begin the application process atleast one year in advance to the date of arrival in Ireland.
Cost of Studying in Ireland, Living Costs, Tuition Fees For Study in Ireland:
There are a wide number of courses and study programs in Ireland. The fees vary significantly for undergraduate and post graduate programs.
For Under graduate program the average fees for the important categories like Medicine range from €30,000 - €46,000, for
Engineering it is €9,000 - €20,000. For Science & Technology the fees range from €9,000 - €17,000 and for Arts & Humanities it is €9,000 - €16,000.
For Postgraduate program the average fees for important categories ranges like Medicine ranges from €20,000- €38,000 and for Engineering it is €9,000 - €20,000. For Science & Technology the fees range from €10,000 - €18,000 and for Arts & Humanities it go be anywhere between €9,000 - €20,000. For the Business administration and management programs the fees ranges from €10,000 - €20,000.
Cost of Living: This ranges from €7000 to €12,000 per year depending on location and lifestyle. The cost is inclusive of food, clothing, accommodation and utility bills.
What are the Application procedures for admissions?
The Application Form should be submitted along with ALL supporting documentation. Original documents are required and must be in ENGLISH or accompanied by a notarised translation of same. All documents must be clearly legible. The Visa Officer will need to easily identify what they are and to whom they refer.
* Application form duly filled
* For Undergraduate Programs:
Photocopies of the Mark Sheets and Certificates
10th (Matric) onwards (Attested by Notary)
* For Postgraduate Programs:
Photocopies of Degree as well as Mark sheet of the entire duration of the course.
* Experience Certificate required
* 4-passport size photographs.(45mm X 35mm) white background
* TOEFL 220(computer based test) 550 (paper based test) or IELTS Composite score of 6.5 with not less than 6.0 in any one component
What are the VISA Application requirements?
In the application students will be asked to supply the following information:
* Valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the expected completion of your studies in Ireland. If you hold any previous passport, you should also submit this with your application.
* Evidence of course admission
* Private Medical Insurance
* Electronic Transfer of Funds
* A statement of purpose explaining why you wish to study in Ireland
* A detailed Curriculum Vitae
What are the Funding Requirements?
You must show you have sufficient funds to support your stay in Ireland without recourse to public funds, or the reliance on casual employment.
* If you are being sponsored by another person or persons, you must list each person and give clear details of their relationship to you. All evidence provided must be clearly identifiable as to whom it relates.
* Their bank account must show a good credit record for a minimum of six months immediately prior to making your application.
* As you will be required to have a minimum of €7,000 available to you during the first year of your studies, your sponsor will need to show that this amount is available to support you and that they have enough funds to maintain themselves and other family members.
* Any deposits of money made during the immediate three months prior to your application must be fully explained, with supporting evidence.
* You must also demonstrate that you or your sponsor will have ready access to an amount of at least €7,000 for each subsequent year of your studies, in addition to the course fees for each of those years.
* Bank a/c statements should include – name, full address of branch where account is held, telephone number (landline, not mobile), e-mail and website addresses (where available).
* The statement should cover a six-month period immediately prior to your application, and show all transactions that have taken place during this time.
What are the housing options available?
* Self catering accommodation
* On-campus accommodation
* Family based accommodation
What are the advantages of studying in Ireland?
* Irish education is of the highest international quality.
* The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
* Irish higher education institutions are widely recognized for excellence in many disciplines.
* Ireland is a safe country to study in.
* Ireland is an English speaking country. Some of the great writers in English literature have come from Ireland. These include Jonathan Swift, James Joyce, William Butler Yeats, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw and Samuel Beckett.
* Irish people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland.
What are the options for staying in Ireland after studies?
There are many opportunities for international students to work in Ireland both during and after their studies. The opportunities available include part time or holiday work.
Are scholarships available?
A small number of scholarships for overseas students are available from the universities and colleges. These are awarded solely at the discretion of the individual institutions who set down their own criteria for eligibility. Students are advised to contact the institution of their choice directly, to obtain information.
What is the right time to apply for visas?
Apply for your visa well in advance and allow six to eight weeks for your application to be processed if you are applying overseas.jcomments on
|If you are going for Study Abroad, You must Read:|
|Ways To Earn Money When Studying Abroad|
|How to Get Education Loan for Studying Abroad from Banks|
|Know More About Study Abroad|