Work and Study in USA

Work and Study in USA

Work and Study in USA

United States is one of the best destinations for providing the higher education. There are many research institutes and the vocational programs

that are both internationally recognized and also provide the best career for the student.

For the International Students who are applying for the undergraduate, postgraduate, the research programs or the vocational programs have to accept their tuition fees and the living costs.

There are types of student Visa which bring lot of offers.  Below mentioned is the eligibility  criteria  for Study in USA

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Student visa allows will allow you to enter the USA Schools for the full time course i.e you can study degree, diploma, certificate or the  language  training at the US College. There are even many top universities in USA and best Schools in USA that provide the best courses.

M-1 Student Visa

The M-1 Student visa will allow you to study the vocational or the non academic programs. But this does not include the language  training.

J-1 Exchange (Visitor Visa)

The candidate will be granted the J-1 Student visa if you are participating in a specific educational or the cultural exchange program such as LASPAU, DAAD, Fulbright, Amideast etc and atleast 505 of the course tuition fee is sponsered by the sources like the government agency, official sponsership agency,employer etc.

The eligibility  criteria to work while you study in USA

Hold a valid F-1, M-1 or J-1 student visa.

Be enrolled in US institution that is approved by the student and exchange visitors program and Immigration and the Customes Enforcement.

The Candidate should have the authorization by the Designated School Official on the form I-201D or have recieved the Form I-766 also know as the Employment Authorization Document from U.S .Citizenship and Immigration services to be authorized to work during the studies in US.

The candidate must also have completed one year in US to be eligible for the off-campus employment under the F-1 Visa.

What type of work you can work for

As an M-1 visa holder you can work for some practical training. If you are an exchange visitor on J-1 Visa then you cannot accept any form of paid employment in US other than what is included in your programs.

If the candidate is an F-1 visa holder then you can take the below mentioned employment

On Campus employment

Here you can accept the on-campus jobs at your university without seeking permission from USCIS

You can opt the On-campus work with the Commercial establishment that is under the contract with your instituions and provides the best service like cafeteria and bookstore etc.

Once you complete your first academic year then you can work for the any of the programs like

Optional Practical Training.

Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics are optional Practical training extension.

Until and unless you have obtained special permission by the DSO you cannot take the work in the first year at the US University, the college or the Insitution. Here you can work for the maximum 20 hours per week on campus while the university is in session and 40 hours per week during the vacation period. For the off campus employment either during the course or after completion of the course you will get the authorization to work up to 18 months (depending upon the duration of the program).

Ask our Counsellors


0 # Older than three months
i complete my bca in this June and want to do job in USA with my post graduation so pls suggest me for best colleges in USA
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
0 # Older than three months
calme,callme,cal me
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

Newsletter Subscription

way2college logo