PREPARATION TIPS FOR IBPS PO 2017
IBPS PO Preparation Tips
Preparation for IBPS PO should start with good planning and here are some tips to help candidates with preparing for this test:
- Proper Planning is Important: Without any doubt, proper planning is the first step in any common examination preparation process. When planning your preparation you should have the complete syllabus handy. This will help you allocate more time on your weak areas. Also, most candidates have the question about the number of days they should spend on preparing for IBPS PO. The clarification to this question purely differs from one individual to another. However, it is better to start the preparation as early as possible.
- Time Management is the Key: Not just IBPS PO, but for any other bank examinations, effective time management is highly important to clear the exam with good score. So, it is important that you should try to improve your speed right from the preparation process. You should pay more attention to delicate items. As you should prepare all topics in the syllabus, it is important that you should allocate equal time for all. Particularly, allocate more time for the weak areas. Divide time to practice for all sections, such that you will not leave out any section in preparation.
- Step-by-Step Preparation: When you prepare for IBPS PO, topic-wise preparation will surely help. Most IBPS toppers give this recommendation to prospective applicants. It is better to pay attention to a single topic at a time. When you follow multiple topics at the same time, you might end up in confusion. Just prepare for a particular topic completely and then move on with the next one.
- Keep Yourself Updated: It is highly important that you should improve your core skills like speaking, listening, writing, and reading. This means that you should not read like a reading machine. But, you will have to do it with active participation to improve your skills. Also, you will have to remember the things that you read to keep yourself updated about the happenings around you.
- Practice Can Make You Perfect: Take up as many practice tests or mock tests as possible. This will give you real-time experience and you can also find whether your speed is up-to-the-mark or whether you should improve your speed. It will help you with self-judgement for all sections in the IBPS PO exam.
- Study material: Selecting the right study material is an important step in your successful preparation for IBPS PO exam. You can make your preparation from books that can act as the best source of information. There are books from the best authors for bank exam preparation.
- Revision notes: When you prepare for the examination, it is an excellent idea to take a note of the important points, formulas, important dates, year, and other key points. This will help you with final quick revision. When you do so, you can save time in searching for notes for the last time revision just a day or two before the exam.
- Expert Advice: You might be confident about self-preparation, but it is always a good idea to join a coaching institute. The reason is that they will conduct many practice tests. More importantly, you will be in a position to get expert advice when you join such an institution. They will also guide in framing a proper study plan for the test.
- Approach with an Open Mind: Remember that when you frame your preparation strategy, you should do the same with open-mindedness. Do not put any your family-related or professional related issues into your mind when preparing. Just pay attention to your preparation. The better focus will surely bring you better results.