REQUIREMENTS FOR ARCHITECT
Skills needed to become an Architect:
To turn out to be a successful architect, candidates should develop certain skills. Of course, they can gain certain skills from the Bachelor of Architecture course or diploma in architecture course they take up. But, when a candidate has some skills basically, he/she can improve the same better with the right education. Of course, some skills like drawing skills of candidates are tested right at the entrance examination for an architecture course. Here is the list of skillset:
- Drawing abilities
- Attention to smaller details
- Ability to see the big pictures
- Effective communication
- Ability to convince the customers and also their employers about the effectiveness of their designs.
- Ability to negotiate to resolve complex issues related to buildings.
- Astuteness and other qualities found in people in business, scientists, and artists.
- Good educational skill
- Analytical thinking ability
- Knowledge of popular architects and their working style
- Leadership qualities
- Patience in designing tasks, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina for on-site works
- Co-operative nature to work as a team
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passion towards design