CAREER IN DATA ANALYST, WHAT DOES HE/SHE DO
What Should You Know About Data Analyst Position?
- A Data Analyst is a professional, who gathers, processes, and performs statistical analysis of the data.
- The good thing about the service offered by this professional is that he/she translates the numbers and data into a form that the companies hiring them can understand, such that they can arrive at better business decisions.
- Be it market research, data related to logistics, sales figures, transportation data or any other type of data that businesses functioning under different domains gather, a data analyst will effectively handle the data and figure out a wide range of things like how to bring down the transportation costs and how to deal with the increasing cost, etc.
- In other words, they are experts in analysing the data to help businesses hiring them to make different fruitful decisions for their future.
What does a Data Analyst do?
- The important role played by a data analyst in an organisation is to ascertain how data can be used to find the answer to questions and also for solving issues.
- In addition to identifying what is happening at present in an organisation with the available data, they also make predictions for the future.
- It is a rewarding, challenging, and creative career as they identify how things work and help to make sense out of the available data.
- To offer their service, these professionals typically use computer systems and calculation apps for identifying some numbers.
- Once data collection happens, it must be normalized, regulated and should be calibrated in such way that some details can be extracted out of the data.
Job Responsibilities of a Data Analyst:
- Even though the job responsibilities of data analysts differs based on the company in which they are employed, their regular responsibilities include:
- Fixing issues related to data and code.
- Maintaining, creating and designing databases and data systems
- Offering data reports for management.
- Discovering new opportunities for process improvement.
- Determining trends and patterns in the data sets
- Examining and interpreting results with the help of statistical technique and tools
- Cleaning and dissecting data for getting rid of irrelevant information
- Mining data from secondary and primary sources
- Working with technology teams, management and/or data scientists for setting goals.
- Some of the typical job duties of a data analyst include producing reports, spotting patterns, associating with others, data collection and setting up of infrastructure
- To carry out their functions in an effective manner, data analysts use a wide range of tools like Google AdWords, Tableau, Google Tag Manager, Visual Website Optimizer, Google Analytics, SQL and Microsoft Excel.
What is the Main Goal of a Data Analyst?
- All the job duties of a data analyst are aimed at a single goal. Yes, by analysing the data, they hope to take the business of their clients forward towards the strategic goals.
- They very well know that any data collected without appropriate examination does not have any worth. The true job of such a professional is to add value to the employer or client.