COURSES FOR FASHION DESIGNER
Courses in Fashion Designing:
You intend to become a fashion designer in the future. With this intention, you should know the types of fashion designing courses on offer in India. Many different types of degree, diploma and certificate courses are offered for candidates aspiring for a career in fashion designing. Here is the list of the courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion & Apparel Design
- B. Sc in Fashion Business & Retail Management
- B. Sc in Lifestyle & Accessory Design
- B. Sc in Apparel Fashion Design
- Graduate Diploma in Fashion Designing & Management
- Certificate Course in Computer-Aided Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Design with specialisation in fashion design.
In addition to these courses, some of the top fashion designing institutes in India also offers short-term courses that extend just for two months. For instance, courses like fashion draping, fashion illustration, computer-aided fashion design, pattern making & garment constructions are some names.
The great thing about fashion niche is that candidates can choose a specific field of specialisation. For instance, if they are interested in jewellery making, they can choose the appropriate short-term or long-term course.
Eligibility for Admission to Fashion Designing Courses:
In general, for a degree in fashion designing, the applicants must have completed their higher secondary in any stream of education. Most diploma and certificate courses also have their requirement. In addition, most institutions have made it compulsory that applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of applying to a fashion designing course.
In addition, most institutions have made it compulsory that applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of applying to a fashion designing course.
Fashion Designing Entrance Tests in India:
Some top institutions in India admit students to fashion designing courses on the basis of their performance in common entrance examination. Some of the popular fashion designing entrance tests in India is as follows:
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- Army Institute of Fashion Design (AIFD) Test
- MIT National Aptitude Test
- Kerala State Institute of Design (KSID) Test
- FDDI AIST Entrance Test
- Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD) Entrance Exam