- : Assam University
- : Bachelors & Masters
- : 2002
- : Yes
- : No
- National Institute of Technology, NIT Silchar is one of the prestigious institute for education located at Cachar.
- It was established in 2002.
- It is affiliated with Assam University.
- The courses offered by this institute are Engineering, Business Administration, Chemistry, Economics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering.
- According to Prof. (Dr.) N.V Deshpande, head of the college, sports and extracurricular activities are as important as education.
- They are offering many facilities for students overall growth like sports, Laboratory, personality development classes, industrial visit etc.
- You can also find the more information about this college at their website http://www.nits.ac.in
- You may check or write the reviews of National Institute of Technology over here.
- : n the late fifties, the Government of India decided to establish Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) under the Quality Technical Education Policy – one each in every major state – with the prime objective of imparting quality technical education throughout the country and to foster national integration. These Regional Engineering Colleges were established as joint ventures of the Government of India and the respective State Governments. Assam is considered as the flag bearer of the Northeast India and so in the year 1967 the 15th REC was officially established in Silchar. However it took almost a decade for REC Silchar to start its academic programmes due to various constraints. The first batch of students were admitted in 1977 in the BE program in 3 branches of engineering namely, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering. The total intake in the first batch was 60 students. The inadequate infrastructure facilities consisted of only a part of a hostel, two Assam type buildings (for classes and administration), a workshop building, seven faculty quarters and a few staff quarters when the College started its academic programme in November 1977. Initially under the guidance of the then Principal Dr. H. R. Chablani, the classes started with only four full time Faculty members. The College started its academic programme with affiliation from Gauhati University. The first batch of BE students were awarded degrees in the year 1982-83. Subsequently, two more branches, namely, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, and Computer Science and Engineering started functioning from the year 1983 and 1987, respectively. The affiliation was later shifted to Assam University in 1994.
- : 214
Other preferred College of India (As visited by most of the students in India)